Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peer to Peer Ninja Trade Synchronization via Instant Messenger

Okay, here is the concept . . .

I would like to explore the capabilityof having the orders placed at my local workstation, whether generated via an automated strategy through the ATI or placed directly on the DOM,to betransmittedto multipleremote users . . . fellow traders or clients.I suspect one or more of the popular instant messenger packages can support this kind of functionality (AOL, MSN,Yahoo, IRC)however, I am not familiar this type of use. Once delivered, theorder message is thenpicked up by theATI (methodTBD)and displayed with confirmation on the remote instance of Ninja. The remote user has the discretiontoaccept theorder to a real or sim account or cancel altogether.

I wanted to start this thread to explore possible solution paths from like minded individuals or perhapsglean insight fromthose who are familiar withthis typeof connectivity that might already exist. Iit would be great, of course,if Ninja developed this type of product extension butI suspect it is a long way off. Personally I think it would be a great product to enable sharing of orders ( or perhaps trading signals) to remote users so they need not be reentered on the order execution platform.I may consider developing the required components myself if its not too involved as I have experience using the OIF and DLLATI methods

As I see it, the component parts would include:

1) Local Ninjawritesmanual /automated orders to a file

2) Local middle-ware readsorder file , formats order messages and dispatches order messages to recipient group list

3) Instant Messenger servicedelivers and receives order messages

4) Remote middle-ware detects order message, formats OIF transaction, writes to appropriate directory

5) Remote Ninja processes order with confirmation and directs transaction to requested account

Anyposts regarding feasibility, implementation ideas, instant messenger interfaces, interest level, are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Whitmark

whitmark
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

imported post

I've asked about something much less ambitious but similar to this b4.......but in the same structure and alot less ambitious....anyone figure how to get MIRC client for the IRC to post trades to channel from the log.txt??? Perhaps on a more complicated level using IRCalso as the transmittion vehicle instead of messagers even. But what I think would be anice way to replicate "floor trading" is a channel where entry/exit trades (maybe evenbids/offers)get automaticallyposted withtimestamp and labeledby userID. Thing about floor trading that makes it so dynamic is how everyone can see what everyone else is doing. As for monitoring posts on IRC channel for NT to accept as a order with yes/no pop up.......now that would really be "carping"<g>

Comment

imported post

trymph,

Thanks for your post. I'll have to look more closely at mIRC. Keep the ideas coming!

Regards,

Whitmark
      whitmark
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

imported post

Thanks for the thoughts Whitmark...

Ray
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse