Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request - more than 10 user input fields in the wizard

Hi everyone,
    I want to ask if it's possible to have more than 10 user defined inputs in the wizard.

I find the wizard great, however the 10 custom inputs are quite a limitation..when compared to what the wizard is capable of.

Is there a workaround for this?

I just paid a professional coder and found out that was almost able to replicate the work that he had done for me, by simply getting to know how the Wizard works in detail. In fact, after spending 1 week of work with the programmer, In the end, I made a better script through the wizard.

The only problem is in the 10 user defined inputs. It limits the ability to properly test a strategy because once a profit taker, stop loss and a order size inputs are added, there are only 7 left out from the 10 to be used for indicators.

From what I see, on average a single indicator uses 2-3 (if we assume that 1 is for the period of the indicator and 1-2 more for features that act as controllers on that same indicator). So in reality the wizard is good for strategies that contain only about 3 indicators. Anything on top of that has to be made with hardcoded values..that really limits the optimizing and kinda makes the strategy useless as in my belief optimizing is good only when you have full control on all variables....as you never know which combination might be the best until you test all of them.

In addition it will greatly increase the value of NT as it will lower the barrier for non programmers to test their own strategies...and to algorithmic trading in general.

Thanks!

Hello nikolaalx,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will forward your request to development to consider for NinjaTrader 8.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
    12 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DrakeiJosh  
    Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes