• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bug how NinjaTrader displays PnL via chart trader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bug how NinjaTrader displays PnL via chart trader

    If you go to NinjaTrader Chart Trader, and click properties.
    And you change the PnL display unit from its default.
    To anything else.
    It displays in the original default manner, and if you go back to properties to change it, its in a random manner of displaying either points, percent, or currency.
    This is a bug.

    #2
    Hello Mike_32,

    It works fine when I test it on my end. I created a new chart and enabled ChartTrader. By default, it is set to Points. I changed it to Currency and clicked OK. Subsequently the PnL display unit shows unrealized PnL in currency.

    If I now open the ChartTrader properties menu again, it still shows Currency.

    Are you able to reproduce this consistently? What happens if you test a brand new chart without any indicators, templates or add-ons applied?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Mike_32,

      It works fine when I test it on my end. I created a new chart and enabled ChartTrader. By default, it is set to Points. I changed it to Currency and clicked OK. Subsequently the PnL display unit shows unrealized PnL in currency.

      If I now open the ChartTrader properties menu again, it still shows Currency.

      Are you able to reproduce this consistently? What happens if you test a brand new chart without any indicators, templates or add-ons applied?
      What you are saying is not correct.
      Right click on properties, on chart trader, on the chart trader itself, it will not display the original PnL.
      This is on ALL charts with chart trader enabled.
      I am using NT version X64 7.0.1000.10

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello Mike_32,

        It works fine when I test it on my end. I created a new chart and enabled ChartTrader. By default, it is set to Points. I changed it to Currency and clicked OK. Subsequently the PnL display unit shows unrealized PnL in currency.

        If I now open the ChartTrader properties menu again, it still shows Currency.

        Are you able to reproduce this consistently? What happens if you test a brand new chart without any indicators, templates or add-ons applied?
        Is this proof?
        http://postimg.org/image/yq0bzxc91/full/

        Comment


          #5
          Can you please install our latest version - 7.0.1000.23. There have been many fixes and enhancements after version 7.0.1000.10.

          You can download and install the latest NinjaTrader version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down when installing the new version.
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Can you please install our latest version - 7.0.1000.23. There have been many fixes and enhancements after version 7.0.1000.10.

            You can download and install the latest NinjaTrader version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down when installing the new version.
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php
            No I can't do that thanks.
            There has not been any fixes or enhancements after 10.
            Not at least any to do with the bug i just told you about.
            So perhaps you should quit with your lies.

            Comment


              #7
              Can you please provide me exact steps to reproduce the discrepancy you display in your screenshot. Whenever I change the PnL display unit in the ChartTrader properties, both PnL displays update accordingly. I tested multiple times now, but each time it works as expected.

              Are you able to reproduce it upon testing a new chart without any indicators and add-ons applied?

              What is the reason that you cannot upgrade to our latest version?
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                Can you please provide me exact steps to reproduce the discrepancy you display in your screenshot. Whenever I change the PnL display unit in the ChartTrader properties, both PnL displays update accordingly. I tested multiple times now, but each time it works as expected.

                Are you able to reproduce it upon testing a new chart without any indicators and add-ons applied?

                What is the reason that you cannot upgrade to our latest version?
                No need to upgrade to any version as per your tos.
                Already did, apparently you cant understand that?
                It is a bug, would I be wasting my time telling you about it if, it wasn't?

                Comment


                  #9
                  In order to troubleshoot the issue, I will need to find a reproducible scenario. Can you please tell me the exact steps you take, so I can reproduce the issue on my end. Once I find the reproducible scenario, I can report it to development.

                  Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by "tos". Could you please clarify?

                  Am I correct you already upgraded to version 7.0.1000.23? Is that what you mean by "Already did"? If so, I did not understand before, because your previous posts did not mention you already upgraded to version 7.0.1000.23. Your last post says you cannot do that.

                  In addition, it would also be helpful if you respond to all questions to speed up the troubleshooting process.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                    In order to troubleshoot the issue, I will need to find a reproducible scenario. Can you please tell me the exact steps you take, so I can reproduce the issue on my end. Once I find the reproducible scenario, I can report it to development.

                    Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by "tos". Could you please clarify?

                    Am I correct you already upgraded to version 7.0.1000.23? Is that what you mean by "Already did"? If so, I did not understand before, because your previous posts did not mention you already upgraded to version 7.0.1000.23. Your last post says you cannot do that.

                    In addition, it would also be helpful if you respond to all questions to speed up the troubleshooting process.
                    The issue is a permanent bug, not a darn troubleshooter?
                    Do you even get this yet?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      This bug has been here. since bug 1 ey.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hello Mike,

                        Thanks for your reply.

                        For us to report this as a bug we must be able to replicate this on our end. I have not been able to replicate this. Please note that the PnL display will only update after your change once the PnL has changed.
                        If you still do not see this happen I would like to set up a remote call with you to look into this.
                        Please email support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum topic to do this.
                        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I managed to reproduce this only when I right click on the pnl on the chart trader on the right and head down to properties. This changes the pnl view on the trader but not on the chart.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Hello asimbhuta,

                            Thanks for your reply.

                            I have attempted to reproduce this with these steps and it works here.
                            Please write into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum topic so I can schedule a call with you to see on your end.
                            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

                            Comment

                            Latest Posts

                            Collapse

                            Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by digibob, Today, 02:47 AM
                            2 responses
                            13 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Kate  
                            Started by mntemel, Today, 03:31 PM
                            2 responses
                            11 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post mntemel
                            by mntemel
                             
                            Started by mrlucky1x, Today, 03:14 PM
                            1 response
                            3 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                            Started by ninjo, Today, 02:42 PM
                            3 responses
                            8 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                            Started by Longhornmark, Today, 01:13 PM
                            7 responses
                            21 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                            Working...
                            X