Bug how NinjaTrader displays PnL via chart trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug how NinjaTrader displays PnL via chart trader

If you go to NinjaTrader Chart Trader, and click properties.
    And you change the PnL display unit from its default.
    To anything else.
    It displays in the original default manner, and if you go back to properties to change it, its in a random manner of displaying either points, percent, or currency.
    This is a bug.

Hello Mike_32,

It works fine when I test it on my end. I created a new chart and enabled ChartTrader. By default, it is set to Points. I changed it to Currency and clicked OK. Subsequently the PnL display unit shows unrealized PnL in currency.

If I now open the ChartTrader properties menu again, it still shows Currency.

Are you able to reproduce this consistently? What happens if you test a brand new chart without any indicators, templates or add-ons applied?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Mike_32,

It works fine when I test it on my end. I created a new chart and enabled ChartTrader. By default, it is set to Points. I changed it to Currency and clicked OK. Subsequently the PnL display unit shows unrealized PnL in currency.

Are you able to reproduce this consistently? What happens if you test a brand new chart without any indicators, templates or add-ons applied?
      What you are saying is not correct.
      Right click on properties, on chart trader, on the chart trader itself, it will not display the original PnL.
      This is on ALL charts with chart trader enabled.
      I am using NT version X64 7.0.1000.10

Comment

Hello Mike_32,

Is this proof?

Comment

Can you please install our latest version - 7.0.1000.23. There have been many fixes and enhancements after version 7.0.1000.10.

You can download and install the latest NinjaTrader version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down when installing the new version.

Comment

Can you please install our latest version - 7.0.1000.23. There have been many fixes and enhancements after version 7.0.1000.10.

You can download and install the latest NinjaTrader version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down when installing the new version.
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php
            No I can't do that thanks.
            There has not been any fixes or enhancements after 10.
            Not at least any to do with the bug i just told you about.
            So perhaps you should quit with your lies.

Comment

Can you please provide me exact steps to reproduce the discrepancy you display in your screenshot. Whenever I change the PnL display unit in the ChartTrader properties, both PnL displays update accordingly. I tested multiple times now, but each time it works as expected.

Are you able to reproduce it upon testing a new chart without any indicators and add-ons applied?

What is the reason that you cannot upgrade to our latest version?

Comment

Can you please provide me exact steps to reproduce the discrepancy you display in your screenshot. Whenever I change the PnL display unit in the ChartTrader properties, both PnL displays update accordingly. I tested multiple times now, but each time it works as expected.

Are you able to reproduce it upon testing a new chart without any indicators and add-ons applied?

What is the reason that you cannot upgrade to our latest version?
                No need to upgrade to any version as per your tos.
                Already did, apparently you cant understand that?
                It is a bug, would I be wasting my time telling you about it if, it wasn't?

Comment

In order to troubleshoot the issue, I will need to find a reproducible scenario. Can you please tell me the exact steps you take, so I can reproduce the issue on my end. Once I find the reproducible scenario, I can report it to development.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by "tos". Could you please clarify?

Am I correct you already upgraded to version 7.0.1000.23? Is that what you mean by "Already did"? If so, I did not understand before, because your previous posts did not mention you already upgraded to version 7.0.1000.23. Your last post says you cannot do that.

In addition, it would also be helpful if you respond to all questions to speed up the troubleshooting process.

Comment

In order to troubleshoot the issue, I will need to find a reproducible scenario. Can you please tell me the exact steps you take, so I can reproduce the issue on my end. Once I find the reproducible scenario, I can report it to development.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by "tos". Could you please clarify?

Am I correct you already upgraded to version 7.0.1000.23? Is that what you mean by "Already did"? If so, I did not understand before, because your previous posts did not mention you already upgraded to version 7.0.1000.23. Your last post says you cannot do that.

In addition, it would also be helpful if you respond to all questions to speed up the troubleshooting process.
                    The issue is a permanent bug, not a darn troubleshooter?
                    Do you even get this yet?

Comment

This bug has been here. since bug 1 ey.

Comment

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

For us to report this as a bug we must be able to replicate this on our end. I have not been able to replicate this. Please note that the PnL display will only update after your change once the PnL has changed.
                        If you still do not see this happen I would like to set up a remote call with you to look into this.
                        Please email support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum topic to do this.
                        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I managed to reproduce this only when I right click on the pnl on the chart trader on the right and head down to properties. This changes the pnl view on the trader but not on the chart.

Comment

Hello asimbhuta,

Thanks for your reply.

I have attempted to reproduce this with these steps and it works here.
                            Please write into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum topic so I can schedule a call with you to see on your end.
                            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jaybedreamin  
                            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                            6 responses
                            0 likes