Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to link symbol list to customized charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to link symbol list to customized charts?

Sorry if this is not best place to submit request for help. 15 second dead time curtailed my search.

Sierra Chart lets me create a daily and intra-day pair of chart frames, link to a custom symbol list, called a QuoteBoard. Clicking/scrolling said list updates charts to new choice of symbol.

In Ninja, I made my two chart frames, linked them, want to link to a custom symbol list. Instrument manager lets me wade past unwanted instrument lists to one of my choice, open a chart, but leaves me to re-create my content.
    Pull down menu at top left of chart ONLY shows 6 totally unwanted symbols of default list.

I opened "Market Analyzer" and chose same link color, but this did not connect to charts.

How can I get Ninja to imitate SierraChart to scan MY list, bring up MY charts, do so EFFICIENTLY?
    This includes avoiding totally irrelevant default symbol lists.

Originally posted by klutzy View Post
    Sorry if this is not best place to submit request for help. 15 second dead time curtailed my search.

Sierra Chart lets me create a daily and intra-day pair of chart frames, link to a custom symbol list, called a QuoteBoard. Clicking/scrolling said list updates charts to new choice of symbol.

In Ninja, I made my two chart frames, linked them, want to link to a custom symbol list. Instrument manager lets me wade past unwanted instrument lists to one of my choice, open a chart, but leaves me to re-create my content.
    Pull down menu at top left of chart ONLY shows 6 totally unwanted symbols of default list.

I opened "Market Analyzer" and chose same link color, but this did not connect to charts.

How can I get Ninja to imitate SierraChart to scan MY list, bring up MY charts, do so EFFICIENTLY?
    This includes avoiding totally irrelevant default symbol lists.
    You use the Market Analyzer, and link it to the charts, then populate the Market Analyzer withthe instruments that you want to examine. You can import instrument lists if you wish.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=45366

Comment

Hey, nice!
      Now how can I tie that to a preferred chart or template, rather than File/New/Chart? I had saved and loaded a workspace,
      but lost the custom chart.
      BTW: the pulldown at top left of chart still shows only those totatally unwanted defaults, not my list which I
      imported to Mkt.An.

Comment

Hello klutzy,

Thank you for writing in.

You would use the "Linking" feature, so you can link your Market Analyzer. Once you click on an instrument on the Market Analyzer, it will switch all of your charts/other windows to the instrument that you selected. In regards to saving, you have to make sure to not press the "X" on your charts prior to saving the workspace. Otherwise, the workspace will be saved without said window.

If you'd like to change the instrument drop down list on the chart, you will want to change the "Default Instrument List" within the Instrument Manager, by adding and removing instruments with the "<" and ">" buttons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQSp9NODAEk - Video about the Market Analyzer.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVnjIhpL4Sk - Video about adding instruments to an instrument list.
        Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not true. Instrument Manager will NOT let me delete anything from the right side, nor make my imported list on the left side into the default. And the pulldown on the chart still shows ONLY the crap default symbols. Ninja makes every procedure harder than it should be. Now I will go back to pushing my would be broker to use SierraChart, not Ninja.

Comment

Hello klutzy,

Thank you for your reply.

I have no reason to lie to you, but maybe I am not fully understanding what exactly you are trying to achieve. I was under the impression that you wanted to make changes to the "Default" instrument list that appears as a drop down on a chart. Now, it sounds like you are wanting to add or remove instruments from the Master Available Instruments. Please clarify and I will provide you with the correct instructions.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ZachS; 09-07-2014, 07:02 PM.
            Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by klutzy View Post
              Not true. Instrument Manager will NOT let me delete anything from the right side, nor make my imported list on the left side into the default. And the pulldown on the chart still shows ONLY the crap default symbols. Ninja makes every procedure harder than it should be. Now I will go back to pushing my would be broker to use SierraChart, not Ninja.
              The page to which I first gave a link, links to details of how to add instrument lists among other things: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ument_rows.htm.

So is your real beef then that NinjaTrader is not a clone of Sierra Charts? Otherwise what does that have to do with the matter?

Comment

Enhancement: Ability to select which Instrument List is available in Chart Window

Hi Team,

I'm not sure if this is possible, please let me know if it is, otherwise, you may consider it an enhancement request:

The chart window shows instrument in top left, clicking on this allows user to scroll through their 'Default' instrument list to choose another instrument.

While I'm aware that it is possible to link charts to market analysers and show other instrument lists there, they take up screen space.

It would be nice if one could select, say in chart properties, WHICH instrument list they want to access when they hit the drop down on the chart menu. I mean, it should not be locked to the "Default" instrument list. That way, a stock trader who wants to have multiple lists, say for multiple exchanges, can have different drop down selections on different charts.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

wave

Comment

Hello wave,

Unfortunately this is currently not possible. However this will be improved in NinjaTrader 8.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                  172 responses
                  0 likes