Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Things Commissions related

Hi

Commission features are present but have not really had all the functionality that is needed. Its a major factor in my trading and I like it commissions reporting to be detailed and complete. So my gripes are.

1. Can only report commissions in dollar values. Would be great if I could change commission values set by currency such as euros for the eurex products.

2. Why can I not batch change or set commission values for previously executed trades? Its anoying that my net performance figures are wrong as trades that where done before I set the commission values for a instrument are not counted and there is no way of changing them now.

Whats the news on new features regarding commissions etc. Is there something I am missing on point two, can I add commissions to previouse trades already?

Many thanks in advance,

Sean.

I had similar problem with Ninjatrader.
    And still have - it is just not well done.

The commissions are calculated only from that point of time - when you set them.
    All previous trades executed without set commission, also remain without commisions.
    For almost any scenario, this is unrealistic. I think everybody has to pay commisions
    for executions, so not involving them by default is very naive and unrealistic approach.

Many traders finds this out after a long time, when they have many trades executed
    and they are missing the calculated commissions in their long-term statistics.

Maybe one good idea could be a startup wizard for new users - where Ninja could ask some basic questions, what instruments you plan to trade, what commissions you want to use for them, ... and so on...to help the new users setup basic things...to prevent most common inconsistencies - like missing commissions by default.
    Last edited by misova; 11-09-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Hello Sean,

Thank you for writing in.

No, you cannot add commissions to trades that were placed prior to setting the commission level. I do not currently have any information regarding improvements to commissions for NinjaTrader 8, but I will forward your request to our development team to consider.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
      Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZachS View Post
        Hello Sean,

Thank you for writing in.

No, you cannot add commissions to trades that were placed prior to setting the commission level. I do not currently have any information regarding improvements to commissions for NinjaTrader 8, but I will forward your request to our development team to consider.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
        Please forward to the development team also the main idea related to the improvement:
        Have no commissions by default is the worst possible scenario.
        It makes everything skewed, naive or unrealistic.

Examples:
        • Trading live without commission set up - produces unrealistic and wrong statistics.
        • Backtesting without commissions set up - produces also misleading statistics.

There is nothing good in having no set-up commissions.
        I know, that hard question remains - How to force user to setup the commissions?
        Last edited by misova; 11-09-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gbourque