Running strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running strategies

I've got a couple strategies that are testing well and now I want to try running them (in sim mode to start). The interface is a beast! I love how NinjaTrader supports multiple strategies and multiple stocks per strategy but part of that support has to extend to the user interface.

- It doesn't remember any of the defaults that I enter so I'm forever having to re-enter the start and end of the trading day. Yes, once you enter it, it remembers the values for the next time, but it always forgets it next day. It should associated these values with each strategy (since each strategy will have different parameters). When I get up early to start my strategies, it's a virtual certainty that I'm going to miskey something eventually. Is there a better way, some hack, some hidden trick?

- I've defined a big list of stocks that I'm backtesting my strategies against so naturally I want to run my strategies against all of these stocks, but when I go to add the strategies, I don't see any option to use these baskets. Instead I have to add each strategy individually. You've got to be kidding me! Please tell me there's a way to use the basket of stocks I've already defined.

- After finally defining all of the strategies, it looks like I have to start each individually. Is that right? I see a "Stop All Strategies" menu item, but is there any way to start them all? This is something I'm going to want to do every morning so there's no reason it should be this awkward.

We do understand that this is a current limitation that can use improvement and it is on our list to do just that, improve it. Thanks for taking the time to provide your thoughts.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ray, looking forward to what you come up with!

Comment

Agree with above post and suggestions. So far in my usage of NT 6.5 there are little annoyances here and there, but most can be worked around and arent that big of a deal. The strategies and not being able to save them from one day to the next is a major pain. I hope we can find some sort of relief in a maintenance release before NT 7. At least from my perspective, I cant wait for everything else until NT 7, but another 6 months of working with strategies this way would really be unpleasent.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
        115 responses
        1 like
        Last Post kevinenergy  
        Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH