buggy color selection since .25 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buggy color selection since .25 update

i've had many instances of the indicator attribute window causing a freeze or in this morning's case a total lockup when trying to change the color of an indicator plot... this has only been a problem since installing vers .25
    any other reports?

Hi stafe,

Below is a link to the release notes so that you can see what has changed in recent versions of NinjaTrader. (The core code has not changed, mostly there have been changes to adapters that will not affect the processing of indicators, strategies, or charts)
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ease_notes.htm

Are you able to reproduce this freezing in a blank workspace with one chart and only this 1 indicator applied? (I ask because there may be code in one of the scripts that affects the Initialize() method which is called for each script as the Indicators window is opened and closed).

I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if need.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspaces.
    You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for the issue.
    • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

Please let me know if you can reproduce the issue with a blank workspace, one chart, and just this one indicator.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it seems to be just a "performance issue"
      too many charts and too many indicators
      looking at the system performance meter i can see why
      it appears that the processing isn't spread evenly over multiple processors and multiple cores
      my meter shows only one of 16 threads reaching 90% use
      and all the other threads - 15 (2chips 4cores each 16threads total) showing almost no processing
      it appears that this install doesn't use multi core processors very well

edit:
      will NT8 be any better at using available resources ?

Comment

Hello stafe,

The NinjaTrader UI runs on a single thread. This means that all scripts indicator and strategies as well as all of the window processing such as charts, doms, market analyzers, etc. will all run on one core.

Yes, NinjaTrader 8 will be multi-threaded allowing scripts to run on separate cores and distribute the load on the CPU.

Below is a link to the help guide NinjaTrader 8 Major Enhancements.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads...njaTrader8.pdf
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses