Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Option to filter unused data vendors and brokers in the instrument manager.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option to filter unused data vendors and brokers in the instrument manager.

Having to map a million ETF symbols manually is already laborious enough, but having 20 data vendors and brokers I'll never use in the way makes the process slower.

I use OpenTick and IB exclusively, and I'd prefer not to have to scroll through all the other names in the instrument mapping dialog.

Actually its not that big of a deal, but there really should be an easier way than spending hours mapping symbols.

The biggest problem is having to map per symbol, rather than by exchange. I shouldn't have to time in |A for every Amex instrument, I should type |A once for the exchange and be able to just check the Amex box in the definition section.
    Last edited by Elliott Wave; 04-17-2008, 10:56 PM.

Since NT internally ETFs are handled like stocks you simply could import a "stock"list by File->Utilities->Import stock list which will do the mapping for you.

Comment

Is there an Amex list anywhere?

Also, once I import the list, wont I still have to go to misc and map each one anyway with the OpenTick exchange code for the Amex?

It would be a real bonus if there were lists for the major exchanges like NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX already setup and properly mapped for the vendors NT supports. That way it would only need to be done once, instead of countless times by individual users. Proper data vendor mapping for the currently included lists (S&P, DOW etc) would also be quite helpful.

Comment

>> Is there an Amex list anywhere?
        Not that I know of.

>> map each one anyway with the OpenTick exchange code for the Amex?
        Likely

>> if there were lists for the major exchanges like NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX already setup and properly mapped for the vendors NT supports
        Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        15 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB