Drawing needs improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing needs improvement

NT is a great platform - but when it comes to drawing support it really sucks in the competition. Please consider the following:
    • Make it possible to cycle through items drawn on the chart when you pick them with the mouse. When there are many lines close to each other it's near impossible to pick the correct one so I have to (1) move lines (2) change the line I wanted in the first place and (3) move lines back in place.
    • Make it possible to press CTRL or ALT or whatever to have guidance when drawing lines horizontally, vertically or at 5-10-15-... etc angle (snap to angle).
    • When copying and pasting, the pasted line or text is sometimes placed where it can't be accessed - and one is back to point one in this list.
    • If I have a line, copy it and then try to tack the copy onto the end of the original line, it doesn't fit at all times. I would even consider this a bug - a copy can't always be aligned to the original. This is done when one wants to extend a trend line.
    • Add support for extending lines without changing the angle (extend a trend line for example). If you draw channels the only way to do this today without changing angles etc is to copy-paste (see point one in this list).
    • Last but not least: PLEASE fix the Y-scale. Let me as a user decide the range and whether to rescale or not. I know there are several user implementations that does this more or less perfect, I think it should be part of NT and not something you have to download from unknown sources.
    As I wrote in the beginning, I really think NT rocks and I wouldn't waste my time writing this if I didn't care --- I really want to stay with NT. For a great example on how drawing support should be done check out QuoteTracker or QCharts. Suggestion: let your developers make complex drawings on charts so that they understand the problems.

I'm quite sure I'm no the only NT user that wishes drawing support was much better than it is.

cheers,
    tobbe
    Last edited by tobbe; 04-19-2008, 10:39 AM. Reason: typos etc

Hi tobbe,

Thanks for taking the time to write these suggestions. Most of them are already on the list for NT7 and I will add the rest onto the list of considerations. Thanks.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rocketman7  
    Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM
    0 responses
    1 view