Ninjascript Editor Suggestion - Right Click to Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjascript Editor Suggestion - Right Click to Open

Not sure how hard this would be to implement but you know how in Tradestation in the EL editor you can right click on a function and open it in a new window? It would be nice if you could do that with methods/functions in the ninjascript editor.

Sorry I am not intimately familiar with TradeStation's implementation. You just right click on the function and it opens up the function itself in the editor?

For example if you clicked on SMA it opens up the SMA code? Is that what you are looking for?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well in TS, it is usually useful to understand how a function works if you're using it in your code. From looking at how much auto-generated code there is in a ninjascript, it might not be as helpful to do this while coding in NT but still would probably be helpful if you have a large library of functions you want to look up and understand if you are feeding correct arguments etc.

See here:

AND

Attached Files
      Last edited by geoMEAN; 04-19-2008, 09:48 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for the suggestion. We will put it on the list for future considerations. Right now you will just need to either look through the Help Guide article on the particular method or examine the code for the particular indicator you are looking at.

Comment

Related to "easy opening" of functions/methods/classes, it would be nice to have an OPEN icon in the actual Ninjascript Editor, and maybe a NEW icon as well so that you don't have to always have to go back to the Control Panel go to Tools go to New/Edit Ninjascript command.

I'm sure adding a small icon/button to the existing toolbar wouldn't be too hard.

Comment

Thanks. I'll add those onto the list too.

Comment

Josh,

Also I'd like to add that right clicking on a method or property and selecting "look up selected keyword" would allow user to instantly open the user guide for NT and go directly to that keyword in the user guide instead of the user having to open the user guide and search for that particular word. I use this feature constantly in Tradestation.
              Last edited by geoMEAN; 04-21-2008, 10:08 PM. Reason: adding more info

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kempotrader  
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kempotrader