Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No Doji when Candles have transparent outline.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Doji when Candles have transparent outline.

Prior to NT 7, CandleStick wicks were drawn with the outline color. This meant that if Transparent was specified for the outline color then no wicks were visible.

NT 7 fixed half of the problem with Transparent outline color by allowing a Wick Color specification. A CandleStick in a bar with the same Open and Close price has no body. The outline top/bottom is supposed to show the opening and closing price but it is Transparent. This causes Candles with wicks to show only the wick and Candles without wicks to have a blank bar.

I have shared Indicators that addresses this problem http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=653 . There are two Indicators DrawCandleCloseBlack for White or light backgrounds and DrawCandleCloseWhite for Black or dark backgrounds.

I hope that NT 8 will address the CandleStick problem when Open[0] is equal to Close[0] by drawing the Open/Close with the Wick color.
    Last edited by Jim W.; 03-02-2015, 07:27 AM.

Hello Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

Development will take this into consideration.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Really, It's been 5 years and NT STILL HAS NOT FIXED THIS!!!!!????? WTF. I'm having the same problem. How hard is it for the devs to put in a small piece of code to fix this!

Comment

Johnny,

After my first post in this thread, I had a private email exchange with a NT Product Manager. When I have time I will edit the exchange and post here. Will also provide information what I do to see correct CandleStick Charts, including Doji, drawn with transparent outlines in NT 7 and 8.
        Last edited by Jim W.; 04-30-2020, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim W. View Post
          Johnny, After my first post in this thread, I had a private email exchange with a NT Product Manager. When I have time I will edit the exchange and post here. Will also provide information what I do to see correct CandleStick Charts, including Doji, drawn with transparent outlines in NT 7 and 8.

Discussed several years ago in this thread.. Take a look at post 15 & 18 for solution...

-=Edge=-
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Santiago;n1097310}
            How hard is it for the devs to put in a small piece of code to fix this!
            Don't blame the NT developers for this. There are two kinds of developers, managed and unmanaged. NT developers are managed and can only change what they are assigned to change. Unmanaged developers have the freedom to change what they know needs to be changed.
            Last edited by Jim W.; 04-30-2020, 04:02 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=-=Edge=-;n1097337]. Take a look at post 15 & 18 for solution...

/QUOTE]

Interesting. I have been using a "better" solution.

Comment

Interesting. I have been using a "better" solution.
                Me too, have several custom built bar and chart styles for myself.. But that doesn't help the normal user any..
                Those replies were to possibly help a normal user make a couple small mods to what they already have by default..

Your link in post 1 is old or expired.. After manually searching for names, those indicators were from 2015 for NT7..
                Briefly tried to search and find your NT8 fix mentioned in descriptions.. but never could get anywhere with those links..

If you have a better solution, and/or code you'd like to share, I'm sure there are many that would be interested..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post

If you have a better solution, and/or code you'd like to share, I'm sure there are many that would be interested..
                  I made a commitment here to Johnny Santiago. Everyone will be free to read what I post here for him.

Right now my primary focus is arranging Chemo for my wife, who was in remission for 3 years but that has ended.

Comment

Right now my primary focus is arranging Chemo for my wife, who was in remission for 3 years but that has ended.
                    God Bless! & Best Wishes!

-=Edge=-

Comment

Johnny,

After my first post in this thread, I had a private email exchange with a NT Product Manager. When I have time I will edit the exchange and post here. Will also provide information what I do to see correct CandleStick Charts, including Doji, drawn with transparent outlines in NT 7 and 8.
                      Thank you Jim. I'm really hoping your solution works. And I wish your wife the best of health. looking forward to your post.

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post

Discussed several years ago in this thread.. Take a look at post 15 & 18 for solution...

I tried that code and couldn't get it to work. Everything stayed the same. I tried for like 2 hours last night.

Comment

So I just got this indicator. The easiest fix for this problem. A NT8 tech just shared it with me on this post. https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...wing-on-charts

How long have they known about this?

Add the indicator and make sure it's set to "on bar close" and boom problem fixed. Now you can have transparent candle outline and still see a doji.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Santiago View Post
                            Really, It's been 5 years and NT STILL HAS NOT FIXED THIS!!!!!?????
                            Was researching my records and found that I first reported this bug in NT 5 then in every Beta and Release since.

This bug is a protected specie that will never go extinct.
                            Last edited by Jim W.; 05-01-2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Aviram Y