Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop & Limit Order Hotkeys for Chart Trader

Hi,

It is a bit cumbersome to right click and select limit & stop orders from the context menu while trying to enter a trade in Chart Trader. A better approach would be to use a hotkey to define which type of order you want, at which point the cursor would turn into a horizontal line. Then you could simply click the chart where you want to place the order.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for writing in.

While it possible to trade with hot keys currently, it does lack many of the features you describe. I will submit a feature request to the development team to consider your suggested improvements for inclusion in a future version of NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader 7 - Trading with Hot Keys

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

After several years we still do not have this basic feature? The amount of elementary stuff that NT lacks is wild.

Comment

Dagamos , I can understand your frustration when finding out that something which would be useful for you is not possible. Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
        • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
        • Feasibility
        • Developer bandwidth
        • Current projects in the queue
        • Economics
        I'll add your vote to this feature request. The tracking ID is SFT-637. You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

I understand the process of implementing changes to software. But I can't imagine basic stuff just being overlooked. There are hotkeys to open the data box, indicators and even save a screenshot of the chart, but the ability to place an order off a hotkey on the chart was somehow not in one of the above bullet points? I'm not buying it. The entire purpose of the platform is to facilitate orders, you would think that this feature would be refined first.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
          Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive