5 NT8 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 NT8 Questions

Will NT8 allow me to automate frequently performed tasks by writing an external .NET program or from Windows Power Shell? Or is there another way to do it within NT8 itself (like VBA macros in Excel)?

After NT8 becomes available, how much time will I have to port my existing NT7 code to NT8 before NT7 support goes away?

Will NT8 continue to support the ability to turn on or off multi-threaded support in a strategy? In NT7 this is done by setting Strategy.MultiThreadedSupport = true or false in the Initialize() override.

Will the NinjaTrader logs, database, binaries, etc, all continue to be stored in a NinjaTrader folder under the Documents folder?

Is there a "code-breaking changes" document currently available for NT8?

Hello JRHKM,

Thank you for your post.

There will be quite a lot that can be done in NinjaTrader 8 that was either unsupported or not possible in NinjaTrader 7 via NinjaScript alone. Multi-Core and Multi-Threaded processes will be possible. Code breaking changes will be released as well. And NinjaTrader 7 code will need to be converted to NinjaTrader 8. The files will be stored under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8.

For more information please view the major enhancements documents: http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads...njaTrader8.pdf

Comment

Thanks, Patrick.

Do you have any idea how much time we'll have to port our existing code before support for NT7 goes away?

Comment

Hello.
        There is currently no set date on when NinjaTrader 7 will not be supported.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by JRHKM View Post
          Thanks, Patrick.

Do you have any idea how much time we'll have to port our existing code before support for NT7 goes away?
          Just look back as to NT 6.5 death...

Comment

Added Question on Enhancement

I have looked thru the Enhancements PDF and the one thing that is not clear to me is that while you have added a tabbed interface to the all the windows, can the tabbed windows be linked/unlinked so I only have to switch one to switch them all if I desire and/or does it have the ability to tab the workspaces. Tabbing all the windows seems to waste I lot of valuable screen space.

Thanks

~J

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Tabs can be disabled on windows, they are not individually linked but the window they are in can be linked to others.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                Hello JerryWar,

Tabs can be disabled on windows, they are not individually linked but the window they are in can be linked to others.
                Patrick,
                Disabling the Tabs would be good if we had a Tabbed workspace. Such that everything could be switched with one click. Are the workspaces Tabbed ?

When you say that tabs are not individually linked but the windows they are in are linked to others I am not sure I understand. Let me give an example. Lets say I have three windows a 1 min chart, 15 min chart and Super Dom all linked. They each have an ES Tab and a NQ tab. So if I change tabs will all the windows switch because they are linked?

Thanks
                Jerry

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your response.

There is no word on tabbed workspaces. And I was incorrect, each tab can be linked. So changing one instrument in any tab with the same link color would change the others in other windows.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888
                  by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes