Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pivot names/colours

Hi,

I tried setting up weekly as well as daily pivots. When I did, it became confusing since the pivot is called PP for both, etc. I couldn't see a way to rename them - is this possible, please ? Also, if you could default to DP/WP/MP, DR1/WR1/MR1 that would be useful to me - I don't know about others.

From a logic point of view, I see R1 (resistance) as being a fade point from below normally, so I see Rs as Red lines; the same goes for supports which I tend to picture as green or blue lines. Taking this to the next point would be to change the colour of a S/R line depending on whether you were above or below it, but I think that would be too confusing !

Eric

You could make a copy of the source code (edit, then right-click, save-as) and then change the names of each of the Plots (in the Add statements), for example, by changing "PP" to "DP" (or whatever). Then click on Compile (or press F5) and add the modified indicator to your chart.

Comment

Originally posted by KBJ View Post
      You could make a copy of the source code (edit, then right-click, save-as) and then change the names of each of the Plots (in the Add statements), for example, by changing "PP" to "DP" (or whatever). Then click on Compile (or press F5) and add the modified indicator to your chart.
      Thanks KBJ!

Comment

KBJ,

Thanks for that. To be honest, I hadn't thought of having my own versions of pivots but I guess that's not too much of a problem.

As much as anything else, I was wondering how others felt about the standard implementation ...

Thanks again,
        Eric

Comment

Well, there's aways room for improvement. But this is something that we can do ourselves, so it's probably best it's handled that way so the NinjaTrader developers can carry on with the more important "considerations" (at least I think some of them are important ).

Comment

Well, there's aways room for improvement. But this is something that we can do ourselves, so it's probably best it's handled that way so the NinjaTrader developers can carry on with the more important "considerations" (at least I think some of them are important ).
            KBJ,

Please accept my apologies - I hadn't realised you have responsibility for assessing and prioritising changes.

In future, I will submit any Suggestions and Feedback comments to you so that you can decide if they should be posted.

Comment

cherriman - I'm just a user of the product like you.

I know the forum says I'm a "Senior Member" but that's apparently a status that's automatically conferred by the forum software once you've reached some threshold of postings.

Please continue making your postings directly on the Forums, they will get answered quicker that way, as sometimes I don't look here for a week or more at a time.

And I'm not sure what I'd do with them if you sent them to me anyway, as I have no authority to decide what the NinjaTrader development schedule will be. All I can do is ask, and wait, and hope, like any other user.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Christopher_R  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              166 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post sidlercom80