Strategy Presets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Presets

It would be helpful if presets could be saved for strategies. That way once the exposed parameters are tweaked for a specific instrument they can be saved and recalled easily...

Not sure I follow. Whatever properties defaults you apply will be active/selected as you next time run/backtest the strategy

Comment

True, but often times you will run a strategy on a different instrument or time frame and if you are collecting live results on a new strategy across different instruments/TF's, setting them up every night can be a bit time consuming.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          Not sure I follow. Whatever properties defaults you apply will be active/selected as you next time run/backtest the strategy
          I have a strategy with multiple exposed parameters (fast, slow, smooth etc.), that way they can easily be changed without manually editing the code.

Also within the strategy I have a plot for the PnL so I can quickly see how effective the strategy is at a glance and the net result of any changes made to the parameters right from the chart..

By manually 'tweaking' the exposed values the strategy uses, I'm able to optimize the settings for the maximum PnL per instrument.

Once I find the settings that work best, I would like to save them as a preset, i.e "$USDJPY", "$EURUSD" so they can easily be recalled and I don't have to remember what settings I was using. I could also have presets for a strategy labled "Aggressive" and "Cautious" etc. and be able to quickly try different strategy parameters without manually entering them for each security...

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            172 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80