Data Box updated ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Box updated ????

I have a one minute chart setup of the 6E (or could be the ES, NQ) along with the associated Data Box.
    My question is this: when I move my cursor all the way to the right of my chart where the cursor disappears
    or I place the cross hair cursor on the current candletick, the Data Box shows the current values.
    BUT, when the next minute candlestick occurs, the Data Box does not update to current time and
    obviously does not update the new volume and open, high, low, close bars.
    Even when I have my cursor on the current candlestick, the volume, OHLC bars do not update.
    However, if I move the cursor ever so slighly or left click my mouse on that current candlestick,
    the Data Box updates .... it does not do it automatically. I had asked this question before and was told this
    was assigned a feature request ID # 1146. Has this been fixed in the NT8 update ??

Hello tallpaw,

Thank you for your post.

In the NinjaTrader 8 beta you should see the databox automatically move to the next candle as that candle opens.

If other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle, I've had an issue with the Data Box for a number of years. I have it set to "Always on Top" but after a few minutes it always goes behind the window despite this setting. I'm running 7.0.1000.26 on a win 7/64 bit machine.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions?

Comment

Hello echoxray,

Thank you for your post.

Is the chart also set to display 'Always on Top'?

Do you encounter the same issue in a new workspace? (File > Workspaces > New Workspace)

Comment

Thx for the quick reply.
          Question: "Is the chart also set to display 'Always on Top'?" - No. The chart is not set to always on top.

I created a new workstation with the same charts in it. I just observed the same problem. It seems to happen when I go back and forth to different charts in the workspace. Not that this is likely the issue, I also use a multi-monitor system.

Comment

Hello,

So that I may further investigate please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include the following:
            1.) A link to this forum thread.
            2.) A copy of today's trace file:
            You will find this diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20150706.txt'.

Comment

Originally posted by echoxray View Post
              Thx for the quick reply.
              Question: "Is the chart also set to display 'Always on Top'?" - No. The chart is not set to always on top.

I created a new workstation with the same charts in it. I just observed the same problem. It seems to happen when I go back and forth to different charts in the workspace. Not that this is likely the issue, I also use a multi-monitor system.
              Does it still do it if you Remove all indicators?
              Can you add them back one at a time to see if there is a culprit or combination?

Comment

Thx for the reply. I will test that and a couple of other things over the next few days.

Comment

Nope. None of the suggestions have worked. Seems like after about 15 minutes, the data box will just ignore the "Always on top" setting.

Comment

Hello,

I have just responded to your email. Please continue to work with me there. We will, of course, leave this forum thread open however.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jclose
                    by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                    10 responses