one click mouse trading on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one click mouse trading on chart

Can NT add a toggle button on chart trader about buy market and sell market buttons so that if that toggle button is "pushed in", the user is able to enter limit and stop orders by clicking left/middle/right mouse buttons on chart area similar to the chart trader on openecry platform. The hint text label shown on chart when the mouse trading on chart is enabled is very very helpful (I think CMS' Visual Trader or CMC's MarketMaker platform has the similar thing). In the current NT chart trader design, it is quite cumbersome to right click on chart area and select desired order from the pop-out menu. Also it would be a good idea to allow the user to configure the meaning of mouse action on chart when the mouse trading toggle button is "pushed in". Since one click mouse trading on DOM is possible, there is no reason one click mouse trading on chart is impossible.

- Clearpicks
    Last edited by clearpicks; 04-30-2008, 08:53 PM.

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

and keyboard shortcut as well.example:buy/sell with custom key

Comment

Thanks amenlo9. Hotkeys are on the list already.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Agree with the recommended suggestions. Chart Trader has a lot of potential but really need a way to get an order to the exchange faster than is currently possible w/ existing approach.

R

Comment

7 years have gone by since the last update on this request, and it seems it has not been implemented yet.
            I also find it quite cumbersome and time wasting to right click on the chart area and select the desired order from the pop-out menu. It coud be as simple as allowing the user to define combination keys (to prevent entering a trade by mistakenly clicking on the chart), for exemple Ctrl-B for Buy Limit and Ctrl-S for Sell Limit. Once (and only when) those keys would be held down, a simple mouse click on the chart would trigger the limit order at the clicked value.
            I'm trying to find a way of doing that through code, but it does not look to be simple. Please let me know my options to achieve this. NT is a great product but this feature is really missing. 7 years is a lot of time!!!
            Thanks.

Comment

hdedeus,

I will forward your note to our Development team to add your vote to this feature.
              Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

11 years since this post, is this something in the pipeline? or is there any ninjascript add-ons that can do this by now?

Comment

Hello 860cam,

Hot keys are supported in NinjaTrader 8 and allows you to submit orders using a hot key combination you setup. Please see the link below for information on hot keys.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Perr0Grande  
                  Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes