OCO and Bracket Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCO and Bracket Button

Can someone give a straight answer as to why it is so difficult for NinjaTrader (NT7 or 8) to include an OCO or Bracket order button (at current price +/- so many ticks) in DOM or Chart Trader, despite so many requests for those features?

Most other platforms seem to have those features.

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your response.

Are you referring to protective stops and targets, breakout strategies, or something else entirely?

We feature the use of ATM Strategies for protective stops and targets, and OCO which can be used for breakout strategies.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello Misova and Sledge,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # SFT-388

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Hello aligator,

Thank you for your response.

Are you referring to protective stops and targets, breakout strategies, or something else entirely?

We feature the use of ATM Strategies for protective stops and targets, and OCO which can be used for breakout strategies.

I look forward to your response.
        Thanks Patrick.

No..I am aware of ATMs, current OCO feature, and strategies. Let me give you an example:

I am trading discretionary using chart trader just before the oil inventory report. I know the price is going to break out but, although I may have a bias, I do not know which way it is going to breakout. So I would like to place an OCO or Bracket order so many ticks above and below the price. When one is hit the other is cancelled.

I know this is possible by going through the NT's cumbersome OCO process which is a multi step process and a total waste of time. But I want to use a single one-step button with preset +/- so many ticks (i,e, 20, but adjustable) away from the price to get into the trade in the breakout direction.

Hope this is clear. There are several posts and threads on OCO discussing the same request if you do a search.

The current NT OCO feature is not an efficient answer. Bracket or OCO order buttons are nothing new to industry, just checkout some of the platforms out there.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello aligator,

That makes sense, I will forward this along. Thank you for responding with more details.

Comment

Hi,

We already developed this feature, rebuilding ChartTrader up from the ground (using ninjascript strategy code)

Check out our commercial AlgoTraderPRO Add-On for NT 7:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards

Lorant Vari
            Founder
            Last edited by varilorant; 06-07-2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
              Thanks Patrick.

No..I am aware of ATMs, current OCO feature, and strategies. Let me give you an example:

I am trading discretionary using chart trader just before the oil inventory report. I know the price is going to break out but, although I may have a bias, I do not know which way it is going to breakout. So I would like to place an OCO or Bracket order so many ticks above and below the price. When one is hit the other is cancelled.

I know this is possible by going through the NT's cumbersome OCO process which is a multi step process and a total waste of time. But I want to use a single one-step button with preset +/- so many ticks (i,e, 20, but adjustable) away from the price to get into the trade in the breakout direction.

Hope this is clear. There are several posts and threads on OCO discussing the same request if you do a search.

The current NT OCO feature is not an efficient answer. Bracket or OCO order buttons are nothing new to industry, just checkout some of the platforms out there.

Thanks again.
              I have submitted this into our feature tracking system. If you wish to check on the status of this feature in the future, its internal ID tag is SFT-391
              <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
                I have submitted this into our feature tracking system. If you wish to check on the status of this feature in the future, its internal ID tag is SFT-391
                Thanks AlexC,

Hopefully gets some attention this time around.

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks Lorant,

While your product looks fine and like a Swiss Army Knife with additional features, I am looking for a fast one click (chart trader or NT DOM) Bracket or OCO button using the already fine and simple NT ATM templates for trade management. The parameters for Bracket orders can be handled similar to editing an NT ATM template.

This simple feature is offered in other platforms and should not be a major effort for NT to implement. The idea is to simplify the current OCO process in NT and being able to execute orders before a trade opportunity is lost in a fast moving market.

Cheers!

Originally posted by varilorant View Post
                  Hi,

We already developed this feature, rebuilding ChartTrader up from the ground (using ninjascript strategy code)

Check out our commercial AlgoTraderPRO Add-On for NT 7:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards

Lorant Vari
                  Founder

Comment

Hi aligator,

Today we released the new 3.0 version, that is capable to create advanced ATM Strategies, based on 5 parameter types, Trailing using +30 indicators up to 5 levels.

You can build your ATM, save as Template, click on any OCO strategy and auto attach the desired ATM. 1 click, entry strategy done.

On the top of that you can attach ATM Strategy to an open position as well.

We also created an integration between NT Wizard and our Add-On, so you can create any Automated Entry Rule, execute it automatically and attach any ATM Strategy to new Position.

Because we already implemented all these features, you don't have to wait for that months or maybe more ....

Cheers
                    Last edited by varilorant; 06-07-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post kempotrader  
                    Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post kempotrader