• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpiTrader
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
    Thank you, ToMer_K.

I will forward your request to development.
    I agree bewider
    here we are 4 years later and nt still don't provide us with VP, MP indicators
    they're only too happy to take our money and direct us their partners where we
    have to pay for them.

I'm looking at ThinkOrSwim,

Leave a comment:

• bewider
    replied
    This is the same song over and over for years.

"We will forward your request to development"

If you look many years back you can see many requests for VP, MP etc... with the same answer. Its all about money.
    Luckily there are relatively new trading software developers, who listen to their clients requests and are offering free VP, MP, OF etc... included in their trading software.

Maybe one day when NT will notice that they are loosing clients, because their platform can't keep up with others and doesn't offer what people needs, something will change....

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickH
    replied
    Thank you, ToMer_K.

I will forward your request to development.

Leave a comment:

• ToMer_K
    replied
    I would also appreciate market profile and volume profile from NT. I know at least 7 more users that are not active in this forum who need these tools inherent as well. So +8

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickH
    replied
    CRKumar,

I am not aware of any freely available Market Profile indicators on our support forum.

Leave a comment:

• CRKumar
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
    Hello CRKumar,

I am not aware of any updates. You can contact the developer for further information on there indicator.
    Thanks for suggestion. I have posted a comment/query there.

Is there any other freely available indicator for Market Profile you may be knowing about.
    Thanx.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickH
    replied
    Hello CRKumar,

I am not aware of any updates. You can contact the developer for further information on there indicator.

Leave a comment:

• CRKumar
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
    Hello aligator,

Thanks for your post.

A great feature about NinjaTrader is that it is so expandable with NinjaScript and has a large community of coders. If you are looking for a free solution, you can find a publicly available Market Profile indicator at the link below.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...rch=tpo&desc=1
    The referred to indicator is not working properly. Have any new versions or upgrades been issued since. Has anything else become available.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brandon
    replied
    Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Feedback has been taken into consideration for these items.
    Note that there is a VolumeProfile indicator that comes with NinjaTrader 7 already.

Leave a comment:

• waverider
    replied
    Hello aligator,

Thanks for your post.

A great feature about NinjaTrader is that it is so expandable with NinjaScript and has a large community of coders. If you are looking for a free solution, you can find a publicly available Market Profile indicator at the link below.

As others have said, third party indicators have caused me so much grief it's not funny. Implementing at least a basic, cumulative volume profile indicator would at least be a start, and very simple to do. You could add fancy options later, but I can't possibly understand why a simple cumulative volume profile indicator can't be added. ??? Something as simple as a start date being set, the granularity of volume you want to use (tick, minute, day) and simply plot on the vertical axis.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• aligator
    replied
    Hello aligator,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks Brandon. The question is not how great NT is and that it can be expanded by coders to program whatever they want. . The problem is that it leaves majority of non-coding NT users helpless. Also, the point is not availability of some useless un-professional codes out there than can be had for free. No serious traders will use such codes.

The point is that NT is simply ignoring quite a few useful charting and trading features requests and suggestions such as Market Profile, one click OCO orders, bracket orders, heat map, volume profiles, and many more that are provided by other platforms as default features and users can use them with confidence.

No reason for your 40,000+ NT users to pay handsome amounts to your third party partners when NT can include such features with minimal effort.

As an observation regarding your third party Beta Testers: From the jest of their comments, it appear that majority of your Beta Testers are testing NT8 mostly as it apply and help them with their own product compatibility to NT8. Perhaps all your NT users maybe provided access without commenting rights to at least educate and familiarize themselves with NT8 until it is formally released.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brandon
    replied
    Hello aligator,

Thanks for your post.

Leave a comment:

• aligator
    replied
    Originally posted by tgear87 View Post
    Waverider,

I agree. Market profile is an incredibly useful tool for any trader. It's unbelievable Ninja still doesn't have it. Hey Ninja, can we expect you to get with the program and add this anytime soon?
    Forget it. Looks like NT is married to its 400+ partners and is not going to cut into their bread and butter by including meaningful features that they sell and already included in other leading platforms.

Way to go NT, after working over 3 years on NT8 and still having it debugged by a few dozens of your third party partners with their own motives instead of making it available, at least as an education tool without commenting privileges, to your thousands of actual users.

Oh wheel!i

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brandon
    replied
    Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

No new market profile charts are currently implemented into NinjaTrader 8 however these requests are being taken into consideration.

Leave a comment:

• tgear87
    replied
    Market Profile

Waverider,

I agree. Market profile is an incredibly useful tool for any trader. It's unbelievable Ninja still doesn't have it. Hey Ninja, can we expect you to get with the program and add this anytime soon?

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
2 responses
1 like
Last Post BarzTrading  
Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH