• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Backtest export to Excel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtest export to Excel

(NT8 Beta 3)

PROBLEM 1
    The default name of exported Excel file is wrong:

"NinjaTrader Grid 2015-07-26 12-33-13-"

There is one additional additional "-" characted at the end.

PROBLEM 2
    The default name of exported Excel is the same for each view "NinjaTrader Grid xxxx" = same name for exporting Summary, for Trades, for Orders.

If you export fast enough with some click-automation tools, the files can have conflicting names and overwrite/block each other.

The default names should be set up according to exported view with right prefix: Trades, Summary, Executions, and so on.. like this example: "
    • Trades 2015-07-26 23-56-13
    • Summary 2015-07-26 23-56-13

You should use 24h format instead of 12 hours format (AM/PM) in the name of exported files.

EXPORT ALL:
    Export all views/tabs into single excel, because now it is very complicated to export each view separately and merge them into one excel.

This is the most common scenario - user wants to export results and send them somewhere. To do 10x manual export and merge all into one final excel is not practical.

So ideally, there should be 2 options -
    • Export this tab
    • Export all

Export dialog does not remember last folder and does not have common OS folders like Desktop
    90% of users wants to export to the Desktop, and this dialog does not provide such option. It also does not remember the last used folder - so everytime user has to set up right folder again and again. Very annoying dialog.
    Last edited by misova; 07-26-2015, 04:05 AM.

Originally posted by misova View Post

Export dialog does not remember last folder and does not have common OS folders like Desktop
    90% of users wants to export to the Desktop, and this dialog does not provide such option. It also does not remember the last used folder - so everytime user has to set up right folder again and again. Very annoying dialog.
    Hmmm, I'm not sure about your 90% claim to desktop - but remembering last export folder is a definite plus (assuming the drive/SD card is there). I hate having to put something where I last put it and finding it again.

Comment

Hi Sledge,
      I agree with you - it would be better to say, that
      the dialog should remember at least the last chosen directory.

Comment

Hi misova,

Thanks for your feedback. I have submitted your suggestions to the development team for review.
        Alex C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Tradarr, Today, 06:25 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Tradarr
        by Tradarr

Started by cocopod, Today, 04:47 PM
        1 response