Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving settings

Hi,

As a product suggestion, can I please request that more settings be saved.

It's a great product, but it's a real pain that none of the settings I have to spend a few minutes every time I load the platform ever get stored.

For example,

Default trading account - Always sim (apparently some alpha issue ordering) - Never stores the Uxxx account number

Selections on the account performance tab

Chartrader settings such as qauntities etc.

Storing these, or at least allowing us to set defaults would greatly help.

BTW - I'd have to set these at a minimum each time I fire up the platform. My internet connection can be a little flaky here on occasion. Most often, when NT looses a connection (I have 2 data feeds in to it), even only briefly, it most often locks up and does not recover (this is a more recent thing with newer vers I think), requiring re-input of all these settings again. Whilst connection stability is obviously not your problem, it's be nice if NJ could handle this more gracefully, as it does sometimes, and more often did on older versions (or perhaps when I had only 1 data feed).

Thanks!

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your feedback. NinjaTrader 8 will be improved in these areas. It will save the account that is selected in the order entry window when you save the workspace. So once you are connected to your broker, it will load your account in the order entry window.

The Account Performance-tab is a separate window in NinjaTrader 8, so you can save it part of a workspace.

You can quickly access an order quantity menu in ChartTrader when you click your scroll wheel (middle mouse button) in the 'Order qty' field. If you subsequently click 'Configure', you can enter order quantities you like and save them. That way you can quickly access the order quantities you like by clicking the scroll wheel.

As per the connection losses, please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Saving settings' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the rapid feedback.

Good news re the account window. I have to do it on 4 different windows at the moment each time I log in. Once in a while, I forget! (can save you or break you, that one.. )

Re the connection issue, I will forward as suggested next time I experience it.

Re the account performance tab, I do save the workspace that it is part of, but the selections do not appear saved as part of that. For instance. In order to get any value as a real live trading report, I have to select advanced button, deselect accounts, select my live trading account, de-select instruments, select the 2/3 that I actually trade for real, change the date range (I always run the report per month). It's not a lot of work, but if you have to do it 5 times a day, it gets a bit frustrating when it could easily be saved.

Thanks again for the rapid support. Top notch.

Comment

Unfortunately these settings cannot be saved in the Trade Performance window in NinjaTrader 8 either. This is the equivalent of the Account Performance-tab in NinjaTrader 7. I will forward the suggestion to save these settings to development. Thank you again for your feedback.

Comment

The suggestion has been added to the list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-624.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888
          by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
          0 responses