X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Cancel all orders is dangerous

NT8 Cancel all orders -

same as for http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...6&goto=newpost

except for orders... you really want to flatten and cancel orders in 1 account for 1 instrument... it is crazy to have a flatten all or cancel all orders in a commercial trading platform - its a suicide button that or rake in the grass could be trod on by mistake.

A dialogue popup to confirm or provide other options to prevent mistakes and human error...
    NT7/ NT8 is not safe to use for larger accounts who trade a diverse portfoilio due to these types of "Small account convenience" controls...
    MicroTrends
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Originally posted by MicroTrends View Post
    NT8 Cancel all orders -

same as for http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...6&goto=newpost

except for orders... you really want to flatten and cancel orders in 1 account for 1 instrument... it is crazy to have a flatten all or cancel all orders in a commercial trading platform - its a suicide button that or rake in the grass could be trod on by mistake.

A dialogue popup to confirm or provide other options to prevent mistakes and human error...
    NT7/ NT8 is not safe to use for larger accounts who trade a diverse portfoilio due to these types of "Small account convenience" controls...
    That is what "Close" does in NT7. One account, one instrument. At least from the DOM. Again, are you saying that is not what it does in NT8?

Comment

Hi MicroTrends,

Yes, I am confused as well. The Close button will flatten only the selected account and cancel all pending orders active on that selected account.

If you're seeing that this is true on your end, are you just looking to submit a feature request to add in a confirmation window to proceed with the Close operation once clicked?
      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
        Hi MicroTrends,

Yes, I am confused as well. The Close button will flatten only the selected account and cancel all pending orders active on that selected account.

If you're seeing that this is true on your end, are you just looking to submit a feature request to add in a confirmation window to proceed with the Close operation once clicked?
        Well, then, if you do that, make sure that facility can be disabled. The only reason I ever hit "Close" is because I want out now, IN A HURRY!. I do not want to have to wait for any confirmation: "Close" means "do it now!". Wanting to get out in a hurry has nothing to do with the size of the account being traded: it has to do with what the trader wants to do, no matter his size.

I do not see why anyone, commercial or not, would ever use it otherwise. "Close" is for emergencies, not normal trading. Even big traders sometimes want to exit in a hurry.

Comment

Hi MicroTrends, koganam,

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll forward them on to the development team for consideration.
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
          Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post Skifree