Session Template and indicator suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Template and indicator suggestion

Hello, I have a couple suggestions for NT8. If they are already implemented or available in NT7 I apologize as I'm a little oblivious when it comes to these things. These are simply quality of life additions that I believe would make the overall usability much more streamlined.

The first is the ability to freely assign a session template to a certain instrument upon toggling to it on the chart. For example, in the top left corner of the chart when I change to ES, it will automatically change the session template to "CME US Index Futures RTH" because I have specified it to do so; then when I change to CL, the session template will change to "NYMEX Energy RTH".

The second suggestion would be indicator sets that you could create to instantly apply a certain set of indicators to a chart. For example I could I could create an indicator set with 3 moving averages and instantly apply it to a chart and remove it. Or I could apply a volume footprint and market profile indicator set I have created and remove it without going through the hassle of setting them up for each new chart or when I want to modify a current chart.

I think that these would be great additions to NT8, but again they already may be implemented and I am unaware so I apologize in advance if that is the case.

Originally posted by Or1on1 View Post
    Hello, I have a couple suggestions for NT8. If they are already implemented or available in NT7 I apologize as I'm a little oblivious when it comes to these things. These are simply quality of life additions that I believe would make the overall usability much more streamlined.

The first is the ability to freely assign a session template to a certain instrument upon toggling to it on the chart. For example, in the top left corner of the chart when I change to ES, it will automatically change the session template to "CME US Index Futures RTH" because I have specified it to do so; then when I change to CL, the session template will change to "NYMEX Energy RTH".

The second suggestion would be indicator sets that you could create to instantly apply a certain set of indicators to a chart. For example I could I could create an indicator set with 3 moving averages and instantly apply it to a chart and remove it. Or I could apply a volume footprint and market profile indicator set I have created and remove it without going through the hassle of setting them up for each new chart or when I want to modify a current chart.

I think that these would be great additions to NT8, but again they already may be implemented and I am unaware so I apologize in advance if that is the case.
    Both already exist in NT7.

Specify "Use instrument settings" for the chart, and any instruments that you want to use. Then set the instruments to the correct "Session Template" as a default template.

For sets of Indicators, save them as a Chart Template, then apply that template as desired.

Comment

Hello Or1on1,

As koganam informed, such functionality already exists in NinjaTrader 7.

Chart templates will save chart properties and chart panel properties as well. More information can be found at the link below.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by itrader46, Today, 09:04 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post itrader46  
      Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
      0 responses
      1 view