chart bars shift left automatically for each new bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart bars shift left automatically for each new bar

often I`ve left the chart to come back and have to hit F or forward to get it to the current bar, or as I`m watching it, the bars eventually make their way off the screen as time advances.

I`d like to have an option where as each new bar appears the chart itself shifts back to the left, so that the new bar is in the same place as the previous bar was on the chart,

hope that makes sense, so the whole chart is moving left as a new bar occurs thus the bars never wonder off the screen to the right...then I can have the chart on all day on display without having to keep shifting it to the latest bar every so often.

(even if zoomed in to a previous period (not the current bar) the bars are always shifting left for each new bar)

Hello jitterbug,

Can you please click the 'Out of Range' icon in the upper right corner of the chart and it will automatically show the newly created price bar. Please see the link below under 'How to change the horizontal scale and range of a chart'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason thanks, I use that a lot, the forward arrow and the F icon top right corner.

However my feature request was that once that is done, for every new bar that appears, the chart has an option in properties to autoscroll to the left, so that as a new bar comes in, it appears in the same place as the previous bar, because the bars are moving to the left, as each new bar appears.

this means I can run the chart all day on a display and it will maintain visibility of the current action, I think this is a good feature which will prove useful once traders experience it.

its also useful for firms or companies who are projecting their NT charts onto plasma and large screen displays to run in office or other environments.

Comment

This behavior occurs automatically when the 'Out of Range' is a white color or when not displayed in the chart. Are you saying you do not see new bars in the chart when the 'Out of Range' icon is white or not displayed?

When the 'Out of Range' icon is a black color, you will not see the most current bar. Please click the icon and the chart will move to the current price bar.

Comment

chart autoscrolls to left as new bar appears

Hi Jason,

so what i`m experiencing when I dont look at a particular chart for a while is it eventually crawls off screen to the right, like this..

Click image for larger version

Name:	what I see.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	876495

however what I would like to automatically see when I watch the chart or come back to it is this...the current bar at 6am and not 1pm as the previous picture showed.

Name:	what I want to see.PNG
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	876494

another words the bars never make their way off screen to the right because the latest bar will always occupy the same Y axis position as it appears pushing the rest of the bars left automatically this way... as shown here...

Name:	bars automatically move left.PNG
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	876496

if this is supposed to be happening its not on mine, or perhaps I haven`t enabled the option..

Comment

This should happen automatically. Do you know what causes the 'Out of Range' icon to occur in the chart?

If you create a brand new chart, are you able to reproduce it? If so, please tell me the exact steps you take so I can test it on my end.

Comment

It`s working on a currently visible chart, however when I have many chart tabs in a chart window, is it true they don`t update automatically when the chart is not selected/visible? That appears to be the case.

Comment

Charts tabs that are not visible will update automatically.

The issue should only occur when the 'Out of Range' icon is displayed. This will happen if you click and hold your left mouse button on the chart canvas and move to the left.

Comment

I see!
                  so if we want the chart to automatically scroll left we need to basically have the most recent bar almost flush with the right price axis. (no out or range arrow present).

thanks for all that Jason.

Comment

Originally posted by jitterbug View Post
                    I see!
                    so if we want the chart to automatically scroll left we need to basically have the most recent bar almost flush with the right price axis. (no out or range arrow present).

thanks for all that Jason.
                    If you want space on the right, then increase the right margin, using the Chart Properties dialog.

Comment

aaaah thats what I wanted !!!!. space to the right... lol thanks Kog.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post PaulMohn  
                      Started by Conceptzx, 10-11-2022, 06:38 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post PhillT