Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point & Figure: problems and missings

Hello team NinjaTrader,

while working with P&F in NT7 and NT8 I will give you some feedback for things, that is really well to change for a good working with its, please:

1. In NT8 there is no grid, too. This function is really required for a good working with P&F charts, because a P&F analyst is working with diagonal "45 degree trendlines". And so this square around each box like the paper for teaching kids and students in mathematic. You know, what I mean, in each P&F book you can find this grid of squares.

2. At second there is a problem with scaling the rows: sometimes the boxes are overlapping or without a small place to the neighbors or I am having a to big space. Yes: I and optimize this in each chart - but I must start this in each session or more then one time a day from beginn on again. Where is the problem for making a valid grid for a good handling and to stop this chaos in "chart box rows spacing game"? Please change this with a fix percent distance or that the users can give the percent value for distance in the properties - instead the wide of the boxes (candles). This is not well working for trading with P&F, its a endless "working thing" for the annoyed trader.

3. Please make a button or a new entry in the properties, where the trader from P&F charts can fix the high from the boxes, so that a rectangular grid is going to a square grid. So that the "O" from the P&F are circles again and no ellipse ones.

Now some additional functions, that I am wishing. But I know: I cant expect, that you are developing this functions, but I will describe to you:

a) A "45 degree trendline" going to the corners of the grid, same in case of "pressing" the square grid to a rectangular grid. The diagonal drawing through the corners of the grid is the right solving. This as a manual drawing tool or as fully automatically function.

b) This idea now is a bit freaky, I know, but why not? Its an inspiration: I am wishing a wick funktion for recognizing, where the price really were. A wick up and down in each box in same color of the "X" or "O". You see this price action in normal candlesticks, in "wicked renkos" for example, too. So why not in P&F? Really: I wish its, because I had done everything what my brain has given for bringing wicks from candles in the same chart INSIDE the rows and that with no generating additional rows. But I failed in this. So I would love to get this function for professional intraday working with P&F charts.

I am sure: if the team from Ninatrader is developing/fixing the 3 main things - and in case for making some peoples additional happy, then NT8 will becoming more successful then version NT8 is developing. NT is a super tool I am happy with its - but the P&F charts are getting to less attention to make this type of chart to a real professional chart.

Thank you for reading and speaking with the developer team about each point of my list!

Best regards,
    Rainbowtrader

PS: in each version I am missing a price line. I cant understand, why this feature is not on board. That is a bit unbelievably for me. Please develop its and with the funktion for drawing bid and ask price. Thank you in the name of many traders!

Hello Rainbowtrader,

Thank you for your detailed feedback on P&F charts. We appreciate you taking the time to post these suggestions. I will forward them to development.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We added the suggestions regarding P&F charts to our list of possible future enhancements. They are assigned to SFT-864. Thank you again for your feedback.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes