• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Should Label be saved in an indicator's default?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Label be saved in an indicator's default?

When I create a Custom indicator, I place it on a chart, and then set all of the indicators properties the way that I want them.

At that point I can save the configuration in the preset.

If I then put that same indicator on a different chart, the all settings come from that indicator's saved preset. file.

I notice that the Label setting is not saved in the preset. Is this by design? Is this a oversight?

I would like to see the Label setting be saved in the indicator's presets. I feel the Label should appear with the setting that I gave it before I told the system to save the default configuration. This really comes into play when I set the Label value to blank. I don't want Indicators and their settings to use the limited real estate of the chart if I tell it not to put them on there. Especiallly true on smaler "laptop" screens.

Can it be changed so that if Label is set to blank when I save the default configuration it will be saved as blank in the indicator's presets.

I feel it should be implemented such that: The next time that I choose to save the default configuration the system can display the default the Label and I can leave it with the indicators default name or I can make it blank again before I save the default settings..
    Last edited by seefisch; 01-06-2016, 01:35 PM.

Hello seefisch,
    Thanks for your post.
    I have tested this on my end and it works without issue. I can save the default of the ADX indicator with a custom name such as ADX1 or leave it blank. If I then save the settings for it and apply it to a new chart, the label settings are kept.
    Are you doing this with a custom indicator?
    Do you see any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center after doing this?
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon

Yes I am doing this with a Custom indicator.

No there are no erros in the log.

Are you taking the indicator off of the chart? and then changing to a different instrument, and then putting the Custom indicator back on. I'll develop a set of steps for you to try when I get a chance.

Upon further study I have decided to wait and see what the next release of Beta looks like. There are so many problems with saving defaults the hopefully a fix will just happen when some of the save defaults problems are fixed.
      Last edited by seefisch; 01-11-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Hello Seefisch,
        Thanks for your reply.
        If you use the ADX does it properly function?
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Label preset save does not save user's selection.

I have the 8.0.0.8 beta version installed.

I still think the problem I wanted addressed exists.

I create a Custom indicator
          I clear the Label to [empty}
          I set the rest of the setting to be the default settings {that I want} and then "Save" Preset

Now I (for instance) create a new chart.

When I apply my custom indicator, on the new chart, the problem I am complaining about is there.

I saved the label as {blank} but yet it appears on the chart eating up my monitor's limited real estate.

I would like to see:.

Put a checkbox in Visuals -- "Show Label"

The default should be unchecked because, in my opinion, most of the time a user does not want {nor need} the indicator and it's parameters to be listed {in text} on the chart.

Thanks
          Last edited by seefisch; 01-16-2016, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Hello seefisch,

You could simply remove the labels of your indicators and strategies in the script settings.

Right click on your chart > Indicators/strategies > For each of the
            indicators/strategies you want to remove the label for, select the indicator/strategies > Find the option 'Label' and clear any text so that the label is blank and Click OK.
            Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks I see it now. I like the design. No changes needed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by StealthM93, Today, 07:58 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post StealthM93  
              Started by Mykro, Today, 11:01 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB