Asia session Ninja support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asia session Ninja support

When O when will Ninja provide live support for the Asia session.???
    Support for Non USA members sucks.
    Today is a good example. Upgraded Ninja only to find Import of ninja scripts corrupted & my price line indicator no longer exists.
    Now I have to wait until MIDnight my time to get support.??
    Not happy

Hello KiwiOz,

Can you please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling any indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

- Open NinjaTrader
    - From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    - Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    - A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select - Compile to compile the indicators.
    - At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    - From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please post a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks jason. I will endevour to follow your instuctions re:ninja script problem.
      However it's still annoying when downloded indicators just dissapear when an upgrade is installed & this does not address the problem of no support for times not within the USA day.

Comment

Could it be you had NinjaTrader running when you installed the new version? If you leave NinjaTrader running when installing a new version, it can result in various issues.

I am providing you support now outside US hours.

Comment

Possibly.
          Yes it looks like the best way to get support outside US hrs is through this forum. Thanks for the help. sorted the script prob'. Now I have to find where I got the price line indicator from.!!!
          Can't understand why Ninja does not have one as default.??

Comment

Good to hear you were able to solve the NinjaScript issue.

You can email us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com as well.

Our forum contains the PriceLine indicator which will display a horizontal line in the chart for the last traded price. You can find it in the 'Version 7 Indicators' section on page 10 of our forum.

Instructions to import new NinjaScript files can be found at the following link.

Once the .zip is imported successful, you can find the PriceLine indicator in the Indicator menu.

Comment

hey mate you are a life saver
              Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary