Wish list for NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish list for NT

Ray, I have some wishes for NT in the future as you get around to adding features . We trade stocks, not futures, so these are all based on beefing up that side of the product.

1) Being able to enter a stock quickly. Right now, you have to select the Stock instrument, then a window pops up to enter the stock, then you have to re-select your entry & stop strategies.
    Quotetracker (a charting program) has a nice way of entering a new symbol, you select the chart window you want to change to a new stock symbol and just start typing. When you press a letter on the keyboard (A-Z) a small dialog box appears and you continue to enter your stock symbol by typing it in, hit the enter key and boom it is done, everything else stays the same. Something similar would be great.

2) You have implemented a nice way of changing you $ values by rolling the mouse wheel. How about adding some more functionality such as when the Ctrl key is held, instead of $.01 it goes up by $.10 and if the Ctrl & Shift it is by $1.00. Or better yet, make this configurable in the Instrument Manager NT Default Properties page

3) Link the Basic Entry Window with a Superdom window, so that stock traders can get the best of the BEW and the Dom (we use the management features of the BEW & see the market depth with the DOM as well as visually change stops & targets)

4) We use Quotetracker as our charting program. It would be very nice if NT & QT could link together so that when I enter a stock in either window (Chart or BEW), the corresponding window in the other program would be updated with the symbol entered.

Ok, I know you say 80% of your customers trade futures and so you must spend your time enhancing features and functions for them. But give us equity grunts some goodies too

Thanks
    Craig

imported post

Well I trade stocks too, but I don't use Quotetracker, as my charting software, and I'll bet most NT users don't either.

I like the suggestions overall.

Comment

imported post

Will of course add the suggestions for future consideration.

Ray
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

mkreegar,
        I understand that most probably don't , but since it was my wish list I thought I would get my request in first (selfish, eh ! )

But what charting program do you use? Maybe there is something better for me to look at.

Craig

Comment

imported post

Craig,

I trade futs and stock too. I have several fav stocks that I trade and I just made an unique instrument for each stock.

For example, to create an instrument to trade XLNX

1. Go the instrument manager and select the generic 'stock entry'

2. Change the Master Name, IB symbol and MBT Symbol entries to XLNX.

Thencreate a unique position strategy and stop strategy for each stock.

Now all I have to do is select the XLNX instrument and position strategy and I'm ready to trade that stock.

Hope this helps,

Chip
          :dude:

Comment

imported post

Morning Chip
            We do trade probably 15 favorite stocks, but then depending on the day, there can be 50 others that we may wish to get into. So that technique will work well for our favorites (thanks for that tip). But getting into the others as they come up is more problematic.

Appreciate the suggestion and we'll do that to start with.

Craig

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes