X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 UI additions please

Hello,

a couple of suggestions for the UI:

1. "IsSuspendedWhileInactive' added as a public property to all indicators.
    At present I code this for myself but would be nice not to have to do that.

2. Addition of Calculate.OnSeconds and Calculate.OnMinutes (with a little right hand drop down menu similar to OHLC > HLC chartstyle selection) with a list of numbers 1->9, then 10, 20 ->60 etc. This would be very handy for the analyzer, especially daily values which you don't want updating every close of bar nor every price change. I'm sure a timer similar to the BarTimer indicator could be used internally? Just my 2 cents.

3. MarketAnalyzer UI and Indicator UI. Add an input for decimal places. A drop down menu 'enum' with several selections would be better including 'same as instrument' setting.
    At present I use a public enum within my indicator but it would be so much nicer if it were available by default. (See NT8 attachment).

Please see the example attached of InvestorRT.

I'm so far very happy with the potential of NT8. I would however like to see some of these small additions that would take it to the next level.

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sim22; 03-31-2016, 09:42 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

For #1, are you asking to just have this property added to State.SetDefaults for all the system indicators automatically? Can you provide more detail on this question?

For the other two items, I will submit a feature request for these, once I receive the confirmation on the first item I will submit that.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse,

I mean actually appearing in the indicator configuration dialogue.

Please see attachment.

Possibly even "Keep active while hidden?" might be less confusing.

Thanks again.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Sim22; 04-01-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Decimal places Addon

Hi Jesse,

I have made a Decimal Places 'Addon'. (Currently in the Misc download section).
        Please see the example indicators. Might give you some ideas.
        I have coded it this way for ease of use for other people (to cut and paste) so please excuse the coding as such.
        I have basically fed a formatted string value into:
        public override string FormatPriceMarker(double value)

Personally I find the coding may be somewhat inefficient but I'm sure you guys can whip something up better

So far it's been really helpful.

Thank you.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sim22; 04-01-2016, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Changed output to 'int' rather than string

*Changed output to 'int' rather than string in the addon.

The reason I feel is it was making my market analyzer indicators unstable using a string return. Better using a primitive data type, then converting to string.

*Changed the enum selections to words eg. One, Two rather than _1, _2. I'm a bit OCD like that

However I would prefer the preferences in '# Decimal Places' to be displayed as numerals eg. 1,2,3 or 99, 99.9, 99.99 etc. if the underscore was not present, which would be better for international users perhaps?

I realize this is difficult to accomplish in C# since a variable name cannot begin with a numeral. I have read though a 'DisplayAttribute' can be used to locally convert an enum value to a string for the sake of display. Not sure how to go about this.

Thanks again.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Sim22; 04-03-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sim22 View Post
            *Changed output to 'int' rather than string in the addon.

The reason I feel is it was making my market analyzer indicators unstable using a string return. Better using a primitive data type, then converting to string.

*Changed the enum selections to words eg. One, Two rather than _1, _2. I'm a bit OCD like that

However I would prefer the preferences in '# Decimal Places' to be displayed as numerals eg. 1,2,3 or 99, 99.9, 99.99 etc. if the underscore was not present, which would be better for international users perhaps?

I realize this is difficult to accomplish in C# since a variable name cannot begin with a numeral. I have read though a 'DisplayAttribute' can be used to locally convert an enum value to a string for the sake of display. Not sure how to go about this.

Thanks again.
            Interesting code, but I am not sure why you think you cannot just use integers in the enum. The members of an enum are just string representations of underlying integers anyway, so, as numerals are much closer to international (at least for those using Latin alphabets), than English words, why not just use the numerals?

Yes you can use a TypeConverter, derived from EnumConverter to provide a string description for items in an enum. Google is about to become a very good friend of yours.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y  
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse