• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Please add "Real" setting to NT8's Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add "Real" setting to NT8's Strategy Analyzer

Hi NT8,

I am finding it overly time consuming (and virtually impossible) to learn/remember every detail regarding what code/features/etc will not work in the Strategy Analyzer's Backtests/Optimizations and will only work in Realtime/Replay.

With this in mind, I'd like to request you add a "real" setting to the Strategy Analyzer that (when turned on) will allow the Strategy Analyzer's backtests/optimizations to give the same results as if they were run in Realtime/Replay (while still allowing me to use my own historical data imported from csv/txt files.)

It's fine if this is just regarding level 1 data, but would be even better if it was regarding level 2 data as well.

Thanks

P.S.
    I also think this will save you a lot of tech support time since you will not have as many questions regarding what will/will-not work in the Strategy Analyzer vs Realtime/Replay.

P.P.S.
    I know I can test my strategies in Replay, however I cannot do the following in Replay (which is why I've requested the above mentioned feature be added to the Strategy Analyzer):
    1. Optimize.
    2. Upload/Use my own historical data from cvs/txt files.
    3. View the historical data being tested in a line by line text form (like I can with the Strategy Analyzer's historical data when I click Tool>Historical Data>Edit Tab>Historical).
    Last edited by Matheyas5; 04-05-2016, 09:15 AM.

Hello Matheyas5,

Thank you for writing in.

I have submitted this as a feature request.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Matheyas5,

This feature request is being tracked with a tracking number of SFT-1324.

Comment

Great!

Is there a link of some sort where I can view news/status/updates regarding SFT-1324 ?

Comment

Hello Matheyas5,

You may reference the tracking number in a future post and we will be able to provide any updates to the feature request.

Comment

Hi Zack.

After reviewing NT8's "Replay" feature a little closer, it seems like "Replay" may have some accuracy unknowns/issues of its own.

With that in mind, I'd like to suggest that feature request SFT-1324's "Real" setting should make the backtest/optimization results of a strategy run in the of the Strategy Analyzer mirror the results of running the the same strategy in Live Paper Trading mode (rather then Replay mode).

Everything else about what i said in post#1 of this thread is the same.

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Botan626, Today, 04:43 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Botan626  
            Started by xsgex, Yesterday, 09:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes