Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Send "Non-Simulated" Trail Stop, Stop Loss, and Profit Target orders to any BarsArray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send "Non-Simulated" Trail Stop, Stop Loss, and Profit Target orders to any BarsArray

Hello NT8,

I'm assuming its only possible in NT8 (like to NT7) to send "non-simulated" Trail Stop, "non-simulated" Stop Loss, and "non-simulated" Profit Target orders to a strategy's Primary Data Series (aka Primary BarsArray)?

If so, please consider adding the ability to send such "non-simulated" orders to any Data Series a strategy contains.

For instance, If my strategy contains both Bid bars and Ask bars, it would be great to be able to send a "non-simulated" Trailing Stop to the Bid bars when my strategy is Long. And then send a "non-simulated" Trailing Stop to the Ask bars when my strategy is Short.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

To clarify, are you asking to add additional overload sets for the Set methods or SetTrailStop SetStopLoss and SetProfitTarget to allow for a BarsInProgress index?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'd like to be able to use SetTrailStop SetStopLoss and SetProfitTarget on any BarsInProgress index, rather then just BarsInProgress == 0

I'm not 100% sure what the following means
      add additional overload sets for the Set methods
      Can you please send me a link to NT8's documentation that explains it? Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply, that answers the question I had asked.

An overload set would be shown in the help guide, for example there are two overload sets for SetTrailStop:

Code:
        SetTrailStop(CalculationMode mode, double value)
        SetTrailStop(string fromEntrySignal, CalculationMode mode, double value, bool isSimulatedStop)
        I will submit this as a feature request to development to add additional overload sets (shown above) to allow for additional BarsInProgress indexes.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes