Beta Transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta Transition

Today's webinar was unexpectedly ended before I could get an answer to my question. I have been using Beta 8. I have a licence for 7. When final 8 is released, will I have to pay for the new version 8 or will my 7 license carry over? And if I create templates in beta 8 (which I am doing now) will they work in the new 8 or can we just keep using the beta? I like the beta but just want to be sure I am not doing working vain by creating some templates now.

Hello AlphaOptions,

The License Key for NinjaTrader can be used with future versions of NinjaTrader and is not version specific.

Yes, your License key can be used with NinjaTrader 8.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you - will the templates I create in Beta 8 work in the new 8? Just do not want to waste a lot of time if not going to translate / transfer.

Comment

Hi AlphaOptions,

We will have a migration guide published in the near future to help assist with what will be or will not be possible to migrate. Below is the type of information that CANNOT be migrated due to these fundamental changes:
        • NinjaScript Indicators and Strategies
        • Workspaces
        • Strategy Wizard Templates
        • Chart Templates
        • Default Templates for Bar Types, Drawing Objects, Indicators, and Strategies
        • Session Templates
        • Saved Strategy Backtest/Optimization Results

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hi AlphaOptions,

We will have a migration guide published in the near future to help assist with what will be or will not be possible to migrate. Below is the type of information that CANNOT be migrated due to these fundamental changes:
          • NinjaScript Indicators and Strategies
          • Workspaces
          • Strategy Wizard Templates
          • Chart Templates
          • Default Templates for Bar Types, Drawing Objects, Indicators, and Strategies
          • Session Templates
          • Saved Strategy Backtest/Optimization Results
          That is just about all there is. The simple answer is none (or very little, if any) can be migrated.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
            That is just about all there is. The simple answer is none (or very little, if any) can be migrated.
            Data migrates.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaOptions View Post
              Thank you - will the templates I create in Beta 8 work in the new 8? Just do not want to waste a lot of time if not going to translate / transfer.
              There is always risk in a new release especially in beta of something breaking. But it should be minor at this point. I haven't had but a few code changes since nt8 beta 1. Some beta # will become official release and your stuff created will work. So it won't be an entire waste of time

It looks like nt_cb is answering nt7 to nt8 conversion. I'm reading your question a little differently.

Comment

Hi AlphaOptions,

I'm thinking sledge is right here. I've misunderstood your question.

The update from NinjaTrader 8 beta to NinjaTrader 8 official will not require a migration.

As each beta update comes out there may be minor changes to NinjaScript which would need to be changed in the scripts. After the official release NinjaScript will be locked down and won't have changes unless there were unfound bugs. But just like when you update from Beta 9 to Beta 10 with an over the top install, updating from beta to the official release will be an over the top install. No migration necessary.

Migration is possible from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8, for data, connection information, and license key information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Waxavi
                by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                0 responses