Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General questions about NT7

Hello,

I'm using NT7 since some days together with a TopstepTrader Practice Account and like it really much so far. I think it is a great and modern software and since I'm using it I refuse to go back to MT4.

However, there are some things I find confusing and couldn't find a clear answer on the NT websites. So I hope you guys can help me out here clarifying some things.

I saw that there are two versions of NT: Free and Pro. Thats fine I already thought about purchasing NT, but ran into some issues I want to have cleared first.

1) Alot of brokers offer MT4 or their own proprietary plattform. All inquiries about supporting NT ended up negative. One broker answered me that one of their Pro accounts offers a FIX 4.4 API. But my research showed that NT does not support any FIX API. Am I right? Will NT support a FIX API anytime later? Maybe with NT8?

2) I saw NT does support FXCM and MBTrading brokers. But I don't see their option in the "Connection Options" providers list. Is this only available in the Pro version?

3) When I purchase NT7, will I get NT8 update for free or do I need to re-purchase / update license?

4) When purchasing, I need to select my broker. Why do I need to select a broker? What if I haven't decided for a broker yet? And what if I select a broker - FXCM for instance - but would like to change to MBTrading later? Selecting "Multiple brokers" does increase the price significantly.

Thank you!

Hello Trading Noob,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

We appreciate your comments regarding NT7 and can offer that you will also enjoy NT8 as out of the box, NinjaTrader 8 incorporates over 500 changes and enhancements, largely collected from client feedback.

There is no upgrade fee to go from NT7 to NT8. Please note that if you purchase 3rd party add-on software that there may be an upgrade fee for the add-on but that is dependent upon the 3rd party vendor. There are significant technical changes from NT7 to NT8 such that all ninjascript has to be converted to run in NT8. NT7 will continue to be supported when NT8 has been released for production.

To see what brokers/connections are available, please see the connections guide on the website: http://ninjatrader.com/Help-Connection-Guides (Click on "view more").

When purchasing a license key you need to advise what broker you are using so the license key can be connected. You are free to change brokers, when you do just advise the broker and we can convert the key. This is for single broker license.

For a MultiBroker license, this would allow you to connect to any supported broker and connect to multiple brokers.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

thank you for your quick reply, your informations and instructions.

I had a look at the site on how to connect to FXCM. The problem is I don't see "NinjaTrader FXCM" in my connections list.

Thats all I got.

Comment

Hello Trading Noob,

Thanks for your post.

You would not be able to connect to other brokers unless you either had a multibroker license key or you asked us to change the single broker license key to that other broker. Do you have an account at FXCM?

Please send an e-mail to PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com Atten:Paul and a link to this thread so we can provide further support without compromising your details.

Comment

Ah ok I understand. It depends on the license key. And since I'm using the license key from TopstepTrader I don't see the other options.

I registered a FXCM demo account some days ago and would like to test it with NT. Does this count too?

Comment

Hello Trading Noob,

Please send an e-mail so I can assist you further with your needs

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by md4866, 05-01-2024, 08:15 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post md4866