Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 chart movement

Hi

Im completely new at this, from the trading aspect, to the platform usage. However with that being said i like to ask if an option for 360 degree movement be added as a feature on your charting section of the platform. It is extremely annoying to have to hold ctrl and drag the x or y axis to adjust the view of a chart. Perhaps when charts are clicked on it will allow the scroll wheel to adjust zoom in /zoom out features, with a auto adjust feature to center the price on the screen. This would allow all chartist, which i aspire to be, to have complete control of how price action is viewed. Perception is everything in the charting world i presume. I dont expect one thread to change an entire design of a platform, with that being said, i am impressed with the changes from 7 to 8 beta, but i think this oversight in the new platform is a grave mistake, so many upgrades have been implemented, but its the basics, i feel, will be most appreciated my the masses. Please please please consider this as an option, no need to make it a default but an option i think isn't to much to ask.

Thanks so much for hearing my voice, i plan on being a long life patron to this community for i see the support and insight is infinite, and i wish to grow into a member whom one day can give advice and not ask.

thanks much

Hello Julienxr,

Thank you for writing in.

The feature to move the chart around on the x and y axis without the need of adjusting one axis at a time already exists within NinjaTrader 8.

While holding on the CTRL key on your keyboard, left-click within the chart. Then, click and drag left and right or up and down.

A shortcut to zoom into a specific section of the chart is the CTRL + ALT + Z keys at the same time. You'll then want to left mouse click and while holding down the left mouse button, draw a zoom frame region and release the button.

The default hotkey to zoom out is CTRL+ ALT + O.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Julienxr is exactly right. The ability to have EASY, FAST 360 movement around a chart is critical for technical traders. I have used over ten different platforms throughout my twelve years as a trader and by far the most efficient and enjoyable platform to use was FXCM's TradeStation2 due to the simplicity of chart movement dragging, scaling, and zooming in and out using the mouse scroll wheel.

NinjaTrader 8 is a far superior platform to most similar-priced options on the market but the ability to have easy, fast chart movement and scaling (at least as an option) is a no-brainer. I hope that the wonderful development team at NT will seriously consider implementing this as a built-in function in future releases. In the meantime, are there any other developers out there that have developed a good add-on for this functionality??
      (panning around the chart with no added key strokes, scaling in and out with bar size and bar spacing using the mouse scroll wheel)

NinjaTrader development team:
      Thank you for kindly hearing this request! Your entire user community will thank you for it.. I guarantee!!

cheers

Comment

Hello CDXTrader,

Thank you for your suggestion and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

I will forward this to development.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello CDXTrader,

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1964. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

Comment

Hello,
            I would like to resume this thread by asking if it is posible to configure a 3D mouse (for example a 3Dconnexion Spacemouse) to work with NT8 adittional to a regular 2 button mouse?. The purpose is to do all the movement, scrolling, zooming, scaling and bar spacing of a chart with a 3D mouse in my left hand and chart drawings with a regular mouse in my left hand. Like Julienxr I consider my self as a pure action price trader, I don´t rely on indicators only on bar formation and speed. The use of a single hand to do al de chart movement and chart drawing is really hurting my right hand.

Seeing how 3D designers work whit this tool (3d mouse) is like grabbing solids with their oun hands with no effort. Tinking the posibility to manipulate a chart so easily with this tool is like adream to me.

Thanks

Comment

We have not done any testing with hardware peripherals other than standard keyboard and mouse configurations therefore we could not advise on whether or not this would function. I would first take a look at the current possibilities of items that can be configured as hot keys to see if the commands you're wanting to use are even possible with any combination of inputs:If you do end up using this hardware please make sure to follow up with your results for the benefit of other users.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post cre8able  
              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Sam2515