Accelerated Simulated Data Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accelerated Simulated Data Feed

The Simulated Data Feed is a nice feature with the trend direction slider but it would be nice to be able to accelerate the printing of the bars in much the same way market replay works to facilitate indicator/strategy testing.
    whitmark
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Thanks for suggestion. You could lower the bar interval, to 5 second bars for example if you are purely wanting to test strategy mechanics.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

True. Actually, it would be ideal to have a purely synthetic input data series that could be run for extended periods at an accelerated pace where the trending setting can be set to a fixed setting or a randon setting that would change based on a random duration to produce an even more realistic cyclical price action. This would help overcome the challenge of having to record multiple days of market replay data in advance of testing and processing each day separately or the slowness of testing against a realtime data. Of course, this type of testing is primarily for system stress testing and final testing should aways applied to the markets intended to be traded.
      whitmark
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

I tried to use the simulated data feed with 5 second chart. But every time I do that, Ninja Trader would freeze and I had to kill the program and restart.

Do you know why that happened? And how can I get 5 second chart in simulated data feed?

Comment

Hello hongchen2000,

Can you please send me your latest log and trace files. You can find these files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110527 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110527 for today. (trace.yyyymmddI for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Am I correct you have only one 5 seconds chart opened in total when NinjaTrader freezes? Do you have any indicators applied in the 5 seconds charts?
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ScottWalsh  
          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          10 responses
          0 likes