Proper Account Group functionality and allocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper Account Group functionality and allocation

You cant imagine my disappointment when i tried out the account groups feature. I fail to see what use that feature is when an order is placed on an account group. Thats basically where it stops and the SuperDOM dissassociates itself with the other accounts and the positions. CRAZY to say the least.

I'd like to see 2 things...
    1. Accounts in a group to have an allocation profile instead of 1 for 1.
    2. Place an order/position and then have any additions orders managed accross all accounts in group. So if using a strategy if i move the target or stop it modifies all orders belonging to all accounts in the group and not just the initial account. I would have thought this was obvious to implement.
    I have searched the forum and have found a few threads on these topics and all i keep seeing is, its to difficult or we keep hitting roadblocks. IMHO its about time a solution to this was found. Other software can do it easily. Id like to see it happen here.

imported post

I understand your request and I would like to provide it but it is not practical from our end to do it. Running allocation profiles need to happen in the back office. That is the cleanest and easiest way to handle it. In other words, the broker parses out the fills to the respective accounts at the end of the day.

The reason it is not practical is because since NT would need to do it on the client side is when multiple orders span across multiple accounts that then need to be controlled by one display representing the order(s) across the accounts, the orders can get out of sync with each other (one is working, other gets rejected, another order is part filled where others are not) it becomes a management nightmare. I have spent a lot of effort in trying to make this work but there is too much room for error.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
    4 responses