Measurements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Measurements?

A handy drawing tool would be a line/arrow that also measures the vertical distance in points as well as percentage. Add to that a similar tool that measures horizontal calendar days as well as trading days and I would be a happy man.

Thanks!

Hello,

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tick and pip delta measurement tool

Yes, definitely a tool with a hotkey that can quickly measure vertical tick and pip deltas.

This would be useful in quick calculation of risk profiles.

I do this in my head with my eyes and the crosshair now, but when training other younger traders that got to use a calculator on the SAT test they can't do the math accurately and thus can't implement the risk filters we have for them. (I guess the real solution would be to stop American schools from allowing calculators with 500 GB of memory in them and actually teach kids to add and subtract )

And for some of the signals that only have 40-60 seconds to enter, younger traders just aren't quick or accurate enough.

So it would be nice to hit a key, draw a vertical or diagonal line and have the tool display "6.25" in an ES chart for example.

Comment

I see this same request from 2006 elsewhere on the forum and wondering if there is a pip calculator tool yet?

Comment

cryten, thanks for the post - are you referring to a swing measuring / ruler tool?

We included this in NinjaTrader 7 - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

New Ruler Drawing Tool
          Ruler drawing tools allows you to draw as many rulers as you wish that measures the X and Y values between two selected points. You can also easily measure, get the values and right click to cancel the action should you not wish to maintain the ruler on the chart.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ahh my bad, brilliant stuff esp as Ninja seems to be working fine now on windows 7. Think I will make a permanent switch over from MT4/5

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            cryten, thanks for the post - are you referring to a swing measuring / ruler tool?

We included this in NinjaTrader 7 - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

New Ruler Drawing Tool
            Ruler drawing tools allows you to draw as many rulers as you wish that measures the X and Y values between two selected points. You can also easily measure, get the values and right click to cancel the action should you not wish to maintain the ruler on the chart.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/37.png

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post sightcareclickhere  
            Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
            9 responses