X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
    Hello mkaraa,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure if this is quite what you're looking for, but since it's a very simple script, I created a quick indicator that plots the typical price for each bar (High+Low+Close/3).

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
    If this isn't what you're looking for, as this is getting pretty off topic from the original thread, I'd invite you to write into our Platform Support (platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com) inbox directly so we can discuss what you're looking for at greater length. Please include a link to this post in the body and 2286529 ATTN Kate W. in the subject line.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Hi Kate, can you help me and add the open price to this indicator, so that it calculate (H+L+O+C) /4 instead.

Regards

Comment

Hello mkaara,

Thank you for your post.

However, please refrain from posting further off topic posts on this thread. It was originally regarding a pivots indicator and this is off topic as you have been previously advised. Please start a new topic for any further questions you may have. To begin a new topic, you can click on the New Topic button at the top of a forum subsection. If you do not see this button, please ensure you have verified the email for your account in your account information.

The previous indicator was a courtesy example - if you would like to modify it yourself you may do so in the NinjaScript Editor. Specifically, you would need to change this line from this:

Value[0] = Typical[0];

to this:

Value[0] = (High[0]+Low[0]+Open[0]+Close[0]) / 4;

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by TraderJesse View Post
        Good Morning:

Please add a single character to the pivot level label to allow a quick determination of what time period that level is instead of the user having to change colors and memorize all of them.

Examples:

DPP, DR1, DS1 = Daily pivots.
        WPP, WR1, WS1 Weekly pivots
        MPP, MR1, MS1 = Monthly pivots.

Thanks for considering.
        I've attached my bltPivots.cs for NT8 which appends a suffix string to each
        pivot label based upon the pivot time period, for ex,

Daily -- append "-D"
        Weekly -- append "-W"
        Monthly -- append "-M"

I know you asked for a prefix .. but, uh, not a good idea ... why?
        I like suffix style better than prefix style because my eyes read from left to right
        and the actual 2-letter pivot label is more important to me than the 1-character
        suffix -- so I don't want a prefix to obscure my expectation of seeing the label
        first -- I mean, we're all so used to seeing those 2 letters for the pivot name,
        I think it's better to keep them prominent and use a suffix modifier to distinguish
        the time period.

Enjoy!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGDT_20191224_215309.png Views:	0 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	1081878
        Last edited by bltdavid; 12-25-2019, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo
        by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes