• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok

ok i figured it out tks

Comment

New Windows Tabs - Will be compatible with NT

I have corresponded with the developer of Window Tabs where I have outlined the needs with NinjaTrader and luckily he has responded positive to this.

He has directed me two times to new beta's and with the newest one the charts did not freeze at all and drawing tools where fully accessible all the time. In the time I tried it Chart Trader was also working fine it seemed. I have tried with totally three tab groups and three charts in each. Very promising.

The one thing I am missing with the last beta I tried as a feature was the grouping of the charts in tab groups on the Windows taskbar, but this is something he will make available.

Worth trying: http://www.windowtabs.com/download/ . The beta is at the bottom of the page.

If you bump into any bugs you can give him feedback from the website.

Laurus
      Last edited by laurus12; 10-29-2011, 09:27 AM.

Comment

New version of WindowTabs working with NinjaTrader

Just got the message that the release of the new version of WindowTabs will be announced here on twitter.

Tried out the last beta with NinjaTrader 7 which was very promising. No charts freezing and all functions available. So looking forward to this release.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it should be about mid December. So very soon I guess.

- Laurus
        Last edited by laurus12; 12-13-2011, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Another basic feature, which is missing in NT...sorry to say that, but it is not an option to toggle within the windows bar if you have a few charts open...

Please guys start to implement the basic stuff first, this is what everyone needs...

Also horizontal line stuff like values at the line and proper display on chosen charts is another thing, which makes me think about switching back to Sierra.

Again, sorry to say that...execution features are good though...

Comment

menu display 24 charts,7 charts showing

menu at bottom lists 24 charts, 7 charts appear ?

Comment

tab master

i have no luck in getting a download for tabmaster?

Comment

Originally posted by laredo78676 View Post
                i have no luck in getting a download for tabmaster?
                Hello Laredo,

Try WindowTabs. Works great with no bugs from what I have experienced.

Contribute to mauricef/WindowTabs development by creating an account on GitHub.

With the non licensed version you can have three tabs in one group.

Laurus

Comment

tabs

Neither of those links operate on either of 2 pc s when i try and dwnload them?

Comment

Hi - I have been using windows tabs for about 6 - 8 months now - all glitches have been resolved as far as I am aware. I don't have a necessity for 100 charts to be active at all times but I do have 5 or 6 tabs within each application and I may be running 4 or 5 of those at a time.
                    Absolutely problem free - for the miserly fee he charges for the software and the excellent support he gives you can't go wrong.
                    If its not working for you it is very likely that the problem is at your end rather than his (imho), but the latest - paid for version - does have a diagnostics utility which will email him any problems you are having. The only glitch I had was due to my ignorance and was resolved when I ran the program as an administrator - ms decided we all needed nannying as well as the state.
                    Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

I am running NT7 / Win 64 with 4gb RAM an old processor and only 120gb of HDD.

Comment

tabs

Thanks Alot

Comment

Tabbed Windows

I don't think this subject gets enough attention...the inability for NT to provide tabbed windows is a huge drawback and makes it very difficult to manage a workspace. WindowTabs software appears to be working for me...but tabbed window should be integrated into the NT program.

Comment

it depends

OK, I get the need of people to get the tabbed workspace but its usefulness depends on how will it be executed.

If the tabbed workspace will take away current flexibility of placing various windows on different monitors in different positions mixed with other applications (notepad, web browser etc.) then... NO THANK YOU!

Options of choosing the kind of desktop you want: tabbed or detached would be the best solution satisfying everyone.

Comment

It doesn't take away flexiblity it ADDS flexiblity...

Comment

vinbak - am I to asume you have seen NT8 already?

My point is - it can add flexibility if done well but if done only to satisfy bunch of NT customers the results may be quite opposite as believe it or not there is quite a lot of users who actually like current set up.
                              If NT manages to satisfy both groups then great, otherwise it is a zero sum game

Comment

Windows Tabs Freeze

Hi,

After reading this thread I purchased Windows Tabs but have experienced so many problems trying to use it with NT 7 that I have had to stop using it. There is very little information about how to use Windows Tabs. I may be doing something wrong. If I have everything set up outside of windows tabs and then run just the charts within tabs it is mostly fine but sometimes even if I want to use a drawing tool it freezes.

As for NT asking for what is needed to be implemented I would say a row of tabs along the top and a row along the bottom. The bottom row is the groups and the top row the windows within the group.

I have a NT coder promising to work on this but he is very busy right now but says it is on his list. The functionality should be standard, I think but I see not all agree.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post zstheorist  
                                Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                                8 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rehmans