Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Account on Start Up

Hi Guys

Is there anyway to save the selected account on a chart to be the default account that is selected on Ninja restart. Every time I log out and log back in all of my account tabs just reset to the first account in the list and I have to go through 35 charts to set them all back to the accounts they should be on. Drives me nuts.

Even if there was no save option for the default account but if it would just hold the last account that it was set to when Ninja is closed as part of the workspace saving rather than just defaulting back to the first in the list on every chart on every restart.

Cheers
    Ross

Hello DangerBoy,

Thank you for your post.

You may want to try going to Tools > Options > “ATI” tab. Select the account you want to be treated as the ‘primary’ and set it as the “Default account” using the drop-down menu.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chip

I had already tried this actually but just gave it another go to be sure and it doesn't appear to have any effect on the account tab which consistently seems to just default back to it's own choice and not my previous setting or the previously selected account.

Cheers
      Ross

Comment

Hello Ross,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Simulator-tab and make sure 'Always start in simulation' is unchecked.

Subsequently ensure the desired account is selected in ChartTrader and then save your workspace via Control Center-->File-->Workspaces.

Restart NinjaTrader and once you are re-connected, it should list the account you had selected the prior session.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

default account

Hi, I have 2 accounts with Interactive Brokers. I'm using the free ninja trader as a data feed with IB. When I connect in ninjatrader, the account dropdown in IB/Trader Work Station always reverts to the 2nd account (my non primary) which is annoying as I can't see p&l for my primary account in TWS anymore. How do I tell ninjatrader to connect using my primary account for the data feed?

Comment

Hi sma202,

I believe we're working on this same issue in another thread. Please continue to follow up with me there.

In the future, please use only one thread per issue. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

default NT account on NT startup

Hi support,

I read the thread below in an effort to see if there's been a solution to setting a specific account to be the default account that would be primary on an NT reboot, this way I won't need to manually switch accounts on all my chart trader charts that contain different instruments.

according to the already existing thread I've done the following:
              1) set the Option->ATI tab to point to the desired account
              2) set Options->"no sim mode on startup"

but all chart accounts still point to my "sim01" account which is not the account I want on a reboot.

Has there been a change to the NT software since 2010 that allows a simple procedure for this?

Thanks for your help.
              Spartacus.

Comment

Hello Spartacus,

Thank you for your patience.

The account will always go to Sim101 when your data feed connects automatically in NinjaTrader 7 and 8 no matter if you closed the workspace with a specific account selected.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                6 responses
                2 likes
                Last Post ultls
                by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes