huge chart difference between ninja 7 and 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huge chart difference between ninja 7 and 8

when comparing linebreak charts between ninja 7 and 8 ,the charts are almost similar if i use ticks or minutes as base value.However if i use seconds as base value the difference is huge.please see the attached chart i used for comparing cl-03,with linebreak base value 30 ,base type,seconds and linebreak 5.
    Data is from 2nd feb
    I think its a failure in ninja 8 how its showing the chart.
    Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello easyfying,

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support. Put 'Att Jason, 1655137' in the subject header and make sure 'Log and trace files' is enabled.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

linebreak chart type

EVEN AFTER ONE YEAR THE PROBLEM PERSISTS:THERE IS HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHARTS OF NINJATRADER 7 AND NINJATRADER 8 IF USING LINEBREAK CHaRTS WITH BASE PERIOD VALUE AS SECONDS.PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS
      Thank you

Comment

We are looking further into this behavior. I'll follow up when I receive more information from the Development Team.

What data provider are you connected to?
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 04-09-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

linebreak charts

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          We are looking further into this behavior. I'll follow up when I receive more information from the Development Team.

What data provider are you connected to?
          i use continuum as data provider.
          Another question related to linebreak charts with Ticks as base period,is that during live markets after series of red or green bars unreliable red or green candle bar is produced signalling trend change.These are unreliable because when i reload the data using historical data under tools function ,the newest red or green candle disappears and the trend continues.my question is why this behavior occurs and what is best way to overcome it.Is it faster to reload historical data from the chart itself or goto historical data column under tools and load data from there or some other method is faster.
          Thank you.

Comment

Hello easyfying,

Thank you for your patience.

This is due to how Tick Data is used to build a Seconds bar and in turn how the Seconds bar is used as the base bar for the Line Break. In both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 the bar is built in the same manner, but the difference occurs due to the data.

Tick Data in NinjaTrader 7 only details it's timestamp down to the second whereas NinjaTrader 8 can detail down to the "tick" (as in DateTime.Ticks) which means in most cases NinjaTrader 8 has the millisecond or more granular time on the timestamp. As Tick Data is used to build the Seconds bars which we are using in your use case as the input for the Line Break we see the difference.

As an example Export your NinjaTrader 7 Tick Data through the Historical Data Manager Export tab found under the Tools menu in the NinjaTrader 7 Control Center. Then import that same data into NinjaTrader 8 through the Historical Data window Load tab found under the Tools menu in the NinjaTrader 8 Control Center and open up your 30 Second 5 Line Break bar on the NinjaTrader 8 chart. You will notice it now matches up to the NinjaTrader 7 chart as the NinjaTrader 8 Tick Data used to build the bar no longer has a millisecond timestamp.

You can find information on the Historical Data Manager in NinjaTrader 7 at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ta_manager.htm
            And you can find information on the Historical Data window in NinjaTrader 8 at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ta_manager.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello easyfying,

Thank you for your post as quoted below.
              Originally posted by easyfying View Post
              Another question related to linebreak charts with Ticks as base period,is that during live markets after series of red or green bars unreliable red or green candle bar is produced signalling trend change.These are unreliable because when i reload the data using historical data under tools function ,the newest red or green candle disappears and the trend continues.my question is why this behavior occurs and what is best way to overcome it.Is it faster to reload historical data from the chart itself or goto historical data column under tools and load data from there or some other method is faster.
              I will investigate this item further and follow up when I have further details.

Comment

Thank you for the support .I look forward to it.

Comment

Hello easyfying,

Thank you for your patience.

I have not been able to recreate this behavior on the Tick based Line Break charts. Can you supply a screenshot of the chart before and after you Load historical data through the Historical Data window?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes