Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why programmers requests are ignored in New releases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why programmers requests are ignored in New releases?

Years go, release notes come out, and we (developers) never see any of our feature-request being implemented...

I feel very disappointing, as (like in previous updates), many our simple requests ares still not implemented. I say, almost none of the NinjaScript related problems/features were fixed/added.
    "Please Add my vote" system and measuring the necessity of a particular feature-request by "demand" is not good way. Instead, you should have a bright minded (and you DO HAVE, as NT is really ART of trading-platform) developers, who can decide if any feature-request (even with zero "upvotes") is a good thing to be done.

For example, here are a bunch of useful and simple requests, which all developers will find useful.

- CREATE A BETTER TRACKING SYSTEM TO LISTEN TO CUSTOMERS

- Show "toolbar" by default

- Implement a "PrintBox" (better than Print )

- Property to hide indicator from list

- Get opening time of bar

- Export window with "presets"

- change parameter without reloading all indis ( 108843 and 107562 )

- make properties also available as inputs across derived class ( 108828 and 108548)

- include system indicators (into exported package) with just referencing, without adding them into package (avoiding overwrite problems) ( 108797)

- IDE changes ( 537151 )

- exact & detailed information for Exceptions/StackTraces ( 108564 and 104239 )

- add specific start time for Replay

- No need to restart after import

- adding flexible ZOrder property separately to different objects and plots ( 108359 )

- populate chart with simulated bars on load (for simulated datafeed)

- adding Size to DrawObjects ( 108113 and 107510)

- add more TextPosition properties on charts

- ability to set databox rounding individually per indicator

- commands in NT

- using "using" parameter wont correctly referenced in exported package (533327) + obvious lack of Exporter to correctly write full references ( 532886 + 106066 )

- as an exception, i think (with NinjaScript wizard) to include underscore in Indicator/Strategy names ( 106796 )

- handle Unserializable properties too (without "couldnt reflect type" error) while saving template ( 107691 and 107234 and 104642)

- Better Export window

- Ability to see popup information for properties

- Ability for Default value for property

- Ability for Default location for File

- SearchBox Problem1

- SearchBox problem2

- add property (& overload) to PlaySound which determines to fire Alarm ONCE IN A BAR or on every tick [p.s. in ThinkOrSwim or Tradingview there are already.]

- NT website has problems in google

- Add "InstanceType" enum/property to tell where script is attached.

- Ability to Exclude folders from compilation

- Auto-Enable checkbox for strategies (also here and also here)

- Ability for Draw.Text from other DrawingTools

- Show "entry order" name in "exit" order

- Inline properties instead of multi-line declarations

- Create icons for NT8 (also here)

- add extra column in alerts window

- Add indicator from another indicator ( here too )

- Date field needed in Databox

- Open Chart Window Programatically

- Add several sample audio files

- ABILITY TO FIRE BRACKET ORDERS with manager approach. ( and here and here)

I hope you know well more then me, that making the platform programatically advanced and attractive for programmers, make it much wide-spread and preferred platform for programmers. So, dont ignore programmers' requests please.

thanks
    Last edited by ttodua; 11-30-2022, 04:30 AM.

Hello TazoTodua,
    Thanks for your post.

Our development team is tracking these requests based on demand and feasibility. There is no guarantee if or when a request will become a feature.

Please continue to monitor the release notes for updates and let us know if you have any further questions.

NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My 2 cents is that I think demand is a bad way to determine if a change is useful. If I think up a change that could benefit everyone but no one else thought about it, would it be impractical because there is no demand? People read these change requests and many times think the idea is great, and then continue to the next post. Does that mean there is no demand?
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello eDanny,

I would suggest for anyone that agrees with a feature request to submit their vote for that feature as well before moving to the next post. Otherwise, it will likely be viewed as a feature request with little demand.

Comment

Josh,
          I agree with You but at moment there isn't a voting feature on forum to vote and track polling.
          If I'm not in error when there is a request posted from someone we can only post "please add my vote".
          I think this is a bit discouraging for many people.
          Just my 2 cents.

Comment

The demand should not be measured by the forum (as only 20 % of NT customers register on forum, and even less post here). Instead, you NT devs should think, if particular request is really useful. if there is one user who needs that, probably there are many other users behind it, who will use that too.

Guys, please, after looking those listed requests (and especially bolded one), dont you agree that those are useful for many programmers?

If you enter "Features suggestion" forum or these topics, you will see how much TOPIC VIEWS they have ( even though there are no VOTES), so there is interest for that feature.

I am worried about this. I really recommend NT platform to my every client, because NT is really awesome, however, years go and go, and no update is made for programmer requests.
            Last edited by ttodua; 09-28-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Hello aerofly,
              Thanks for your post.

A voting feature on the forum would be great! For now though, I suggest users take the extra 2 seconds to submit a comment as a vote so that their thoughts and suggestions are considered.

TazoTodua, demand is measured in part by user interest. When other members comment in favor of a suggestion then it may be more likely to be explored by our development team. I agree that there are features that would be nice to have, and many of the ones you noted could be found useful by more than just yourself
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshG; 10-17-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our product management team and myself
                • Feasibility
                • Developer bandwidth
                • Current projects in the queue
                • Economics

Customer feedback is important and we appreciate you taking your time to provide us insight on how we can improve our product.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello TazoTodua,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader considers each feature request sent, however there is no guarantee of implementation of these features.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                  10 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB