Error on importing NinjaScript files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on importing NinjaScript files

When I tried to import an indicator (which I found in the NT Forum specifically the "MACDUpDown") I get the following error message:

"You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File."

To resolve this I already:

1. re-set the DataBase.
    2. repaired the DataBase.
    3. re-installed the latest version of NT

but this error message continues to pop up.

I have no idea what custom NinjaScript files may be being referred to, so my question is how do I locate those that create this problem, so that I may delete them.

sandman

Hello sandman,

Can you please compile your NinjaScript files to find which ones contain errors.

1) Open NinjaTrader
    2) Go to Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
    3) Select any indicator and double click on it.
    4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and select Compile - all NinjaScript files will now be compiled
    5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations. Double click the error and you will be directed to the location of the error.
    6) From there you have the option to debug the indicator or remove it.

You can delete NinjaScript files via Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Remove NinjaScript Assembly or Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator/Strategy, highlight it and select Delete.

General debug information can be found at the link below.

If you cannot remove the indicator or debug the error, please post a screenshot of the entire error messages that appear after compiling. Please enlarge the 'Error' and 'NinjaScript File' columns before creating the screenshot so important information is visible.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Jason.

Got it and it`s fixed.

sandman

Comment

Hello,

Im getting this same error, I tried taking the steps below but after hitting "compile" I get another error saying "error on generating indicator"

I also tried to remove a bunch of indicators but it will not let me as well it gives me an error saying " cant be deleted, this file is likely referenced on other ninjascript files and these dependencies must be removed first"

Please help

thank you,.

Comment

Hi simtrade81,

May I have a screenshot of the errors you are seeing in the NinjaScript Editor from the steps outlined in post #2?

Please expand the error column as far as possible so that I may read the entire error message. You can do this by clicking on the column separator (faint line between column labels at the top of the errors area) on the right side of the column label and dragging to the right.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link
          http://take-a-screenshot.org/
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

screens shots below in the links.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hi simtrade81,

From the screenshot it looks like there are two scripts with the SMA namespace.

However, I cannot see the full error message because the error column is not fully expanded. The error message should say which files contain the namespaces. (There could also possibly be two copies of the SMA.cs file in the Indicators folder)

Could you expand this column and take a screenshot again?

You can do this by clicking on the column separator (faint line between column labels at the top of the errors area) on the right side of the column label and dragging to the right.

Comment

Hi,

See below..

Comment

HI simtrade81,

I looks like a Ninjacator script has included the SMA in the dll..

I'd like to give you a call and see if I can help you resolve this. Please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with Attn: Chelsea written in the body of the email.

Comment

To All,

We have resolved this error by replacing the stock indicators and recompiling.

Comment

Similar Compiling Error

Hello,

I have also experienced the same issue when trying to compile. See attached image. Will gladly appreciate your support.

Thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello p_kbstic,

The issue you are experiencing is a little different.

The screenshot shows there are missing references to the system dll files (and likely missing references to all needed files).

You could choose to remake your configuration file which would resolve the issue, or you can write in to support and we can add the references back for you.

To remake your config:
                        Copy your license key to a text file
                        Shutdown NinjaTrader
                        Delete the file Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml
                        Restart NinjaTrader

This would require that you re-setup your connections, commissions, and any other options.

If you would like assistance please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

Comment

Unresolved

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                          Hello p_kbstic,

The issue you are experiencing is a little different.

The screenshot shows there are missing references to the system dll files (and likely missing references to all needed files).

You could choose to remake your configuration file which would resolve the issue, or you can write in to support and we can add the references back for you.

To remake your config:
                          Copy your license key to a text file
                          Shutdown NinjaTrader
                          Delete the file Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml
                          Restart NinjaTrader

This would require that you re-setup your connections, commissions, and any other options.

If you would like assistance please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.
                          Thanks ChelseaB for your prompt reply. However, I'm getting even more errors after this (see image attached).

Any ideas what I should do?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello p_kbstic,

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email add a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Stock ema or tema in 2 locations.

I am having a similar issue as one described above with a stock indicator showing up in multiple locations.

This occurred when I downloaded a free volatility indicator not the one listed in the error. When I downloaded it I got a message stating that "newer versions of some of the components are already on this PC"..or something like that. It asked me if I wanted to proceed so I pushed the indicator through and now getting error.

Here is screen shot:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              2 responses