Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT testing with demo account

Hello,

Is there any way to test NinjaTrader platform with broker demo account without buying live licence?

Hello kucharek,

Thank you for your post.

With the free version of NinjaTrader, you will be able to connect to a demo brokerage as a real-time data source. This will allow you to receive live streaming market data to use for charting, market analytics, strategy development, and simulated trading within NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader's internal simulation engine uses live streaming bid/ask quotes to simulate trading in a live environment. You can learn more about this industry-leading simulation engine at the following link:
    The only time that we do charge for our software is when you are ready to send orders from NinjaTrader to an external brokerage account, be it a live account or a simulation account. You can purchase or lease NinjaTrader at the following link:
    Purchasing or leasing a live NinjaTrader license key will allow you to select your brokerage accounts from any of NinjaTrader's order entry entry windows and route orders to your broker's servers.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Ok, in that case the only option for me is to purchase NT platform.

My goal now is to open broker demo account which will be compatible with NT platform that is why I am reviewing brokers and checking their features now.

At this stage I have three questions to you:

1. I am considering single broker license for $995. I need to choose broker but I do not know yet which broker will I choose for demo and next for live account. If I choose for example Forex.com now will it be possible to change it quickly to another broker (demo or live)? How it is working?

2. I have asked GFT broker for demo account and if it works with NT platform. They reply is as follows:
      It should, you would need to speak with Ninja Trader to discuss the specifics of running it with Dealbook 360.
      Can you support?

3. FXCM broker looks very interesting for me but I am not sure if they offer demo and live account compatible with NT platform. I found information that there is "NT beta group" and it is "coming soon". Please check the link below:
      http://www.fxcm.co.uk/automated-trading.jsp .
      I have submited the form but with no feedback yet. Can you tell me something more regarding FXCM compatibility with NT platform?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello kucharek,

Thank you for your reply.

1) With a single broker lifetime license, you are welcome to switch brokerage providers at any time. Simply send us a note to sales[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com and we will be able to process your conversion request by the beginning of the next business day. This service is unlimited and always free!

This means that if you open a demo account with Broker A but decide to switch to Broker B when you open a live trading account, we will be able to convert your single broker license key from Broker A to Broker B for no cost.

2) Unfortunately, NinjaTrader is no longer able to accept live or demo accounts from GFT.

3) The NinjaTrader/FXCM connection has been officially release from beta and a standard FXCM demo account should be compatible with NinjaTrader.

You may request a demo account from FXCM at the following link:
        If you do request a forex demo from Gain Capital/Forex.com, you will want to contact their support team directly to request a demo account that is NinjaTrader-compatible:
        You should also be able to request a demo forex account from MB Trading:

Comment

Hello,

Thank you.

I plan to open demo account at MBTrading (I have confirmation from them that it is possible). I want to open more than one account - I want to use every account for different trading strategy.

Regarding the above I will trade on more than one MBTrading account at the same time. Will it be possible with $995 NT single broker license?

Comment

Hello kucharek,

With a single broker license key, you will be able to trade any accounts that you have with any one of our supported brokers.

When you are ready to open live accounts with MB Trading, you will want to make sure that these accounts are associated with a single set of login credentials for MBT Navigator. This will allow you to access all of the accounts at the same time from a single installation of NinjaTrader. You will then be able to choose from any of the available accounts from any of when you implement an automated strategy.

That being said, it is likely that you will only be able to have one demo account with MB Trading at a time. If it is possible to open sub accounts on your demo credentials, you would have to contact MB Trading support.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you.

If I understand right, the key to make it works with single NT license is to have all trading accounts associated with a single set of login credentials for MBT Navigator. If this condition is not met I would need to buy second NT license.

Please confirm.

Comment

Hi kucharek,

For the most part that understanding is correct. If you are using a Single-Broker with multiple accounts then having each account associated with singular credentials will enable you to connect to those credentials for access to each account.

If different accounts are using separate credentials, but still using the same broker you can connect within the same installation, but would need to connect to the credentials at separate times.

For this reason we typically recommend you associate each of your accounts with a single account connection if they reside with the same broker. Otherwise, we offer a Multi-Broker License for use with different accounts at different brokers.
                Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks.

Can I install single-broker NT platform on more than one computers?

Comment

kucharek,

You can install NinjaTrader on multiple PCs but can only trade live from a single installation at a time. If trading live from multiple installations at a time you would need unique Live Edition Licenses for each live trading installation.

Comment

I have just received feedback from MBTrading support and they say that:

You are not able to access multiple accounts through a single login.
                      Please support.

P.S. By "trade live" you mean trading with real money or trading with any demo/live broker account (without Simulation Mode)?

Comment

Hi kucharek,

By live trading I mean the ability to execute trades with your supported brokerage account directly within NinjaTrader, and this most often corresponds to your real-money account.

To execute to a demo account with the broker independent of NinjaTrader, that would also require a Live Edition License. The difference is that the available Simulation License enables you to execute simulation trades within NinjaTrader, but any trades made separately to a broker connection whether demo or real trading would require a Live Edition License.

Comment

What about MBTrading support reply regarding multiple accounts through a single login?

ChristopherD has informed me that:
                          When you are ready to open live accounts with MB Trading, you will want to make sure that these accounts are associated with a single set of login credentials for MBT Navigator. This will allow you to access all of the accounts at the same time from a single installation of NinjaTrader. You will then be able to choose from any of the available accounts from any of when you implement an automated strategy.
                          MBTrading support said that it would be not possible, if I understand right.

Can you support somehow? Who is wrong - they or you?
                          Last edited by kucharek; 11-22-2012, 05:40 AM.

Comment

kucharek

In confirming this further with MB Trading it should be possible to link multiple accounts, under a separate login, and so the information regarding your inability to do so is not complete.

If you send an email to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and reference this thread I can assist with working with MB Trading directly regarding your account configuration.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                            0 responses