Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Workaround to Debug with Visual Studio Express Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you 'manually' add the references to the Ninja assemblies?

I had also to follow this (cut and pasted from BMTF http://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninjat...0-dummies.html)
    "On VS, File > Open > Project > Documents > Ninja Trader 7 > bin > Custom > NinjaTrader.Custom"

That should open a project called NinjaTrader.Custom.

Remove the references for NinjaTrader.Core and WilsonORMapper.

Add references for NinjaTrader.Core and WilsonORMapper by navigating to the NT7 directory in Program Files.

Build Solution (F6).

You should get no errors, and you should now have VS2010 Solution in the NT7 directory in Documents. This is the one you will now use."

If you do that manually your symbols should be recognized. I had to delete and add it again to make it work for some strange reason.

If that doesn't work, I'm out of clues.... feel free to send me a private message and I can show you how it works on my computer via webcast.

Comment

C# Express Attach to process

Take a look at this tool vsxa2p, the trick is to look-up a file moniker registered in the ROT (running object table) as a EnvDTE.Solution object getting that object we can get the EnvDTE.DTE object, then all what we can do is to lookup the process we need to attach to using EnvDTE.Debugger. it's been tested on vs 2008 C# Express. you are free to change it to fit your needs.
      download the source, compile it and use it as an external tool

Comment

Instructions revised for VS 2010 Express and for NT7

Found the information for the broken link to NT Help for VS Debugging. The old link was to the NT V6 Help Guide. To find the Visual Studio Debugging Help information for your version of NT. In NT Control Center select Help then Help again then search for Visual Studio.

Below are the instructions that are found there:

Step 1: In the NinjaScript Editor enable "Debug Mode". Be sure to compile the NinjaScript assembly afterwards by pressing "F5" on your keyboard.
        Step 3: Open the NinjaScript source file within Microsoft Visual Studio and set your break point(s).

I am working with Visual Studio 2010 Express and NT 7. Will post when I verify that NS debugging with VS 2010 Express works.

Visual Studio 2012 Express will be released soon according to Microsoft.
        At this time you can get VS 2010 by downloading Visual C# 2010 Express here: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudi...tudio-overview .

Note for those who do not read this whole thread: Edit should be done in file
        NinjaTraderDebug.csproj not NinjaTraderDebug.csproj.user as is stated in first post in this thread started by yuvalw.
        Last edited by Jim W.; 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post yertle
        by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes