Historical data problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data problem

NT says Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server [ip/port]: No such host is known. But it was connecting before. I repaired DB still does it.

Originally posted by Mike_32 View Post
    NT says Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server [ip/port]: No such host is known. But it was connecting before. I repaired DB still does it.
    By the way this is 7ticks aka Zenfire aka Mirus Futures so im probably asking the wrong people?

Comment

Are you on NT 6.5.1000.14 or older? Then you might have missed the 3 in-product announcements we had sent out the past 4 weeks:

Could you please update your NT installation accordingly?

Thanks

Comment

Well, nice try Dierk. But with NT6.5.100.19 there is no historical data, too. The menuitem 'Reload historical data' is grayed out. Seems like the historical data server for NT6.5 is out of order....

Jens

Comment

Hello Jens,

Can you please send me an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com that includes the following information.

License key you have entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key

Zen-Fire username and password

Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread. I like to test your connection on my end and check if I experience the same outcome.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When time and and sales work but charts dont update,what do u check?

Comment

Please check the session template that is selected in the chart. The session template determines at what times data is loaded in charts in NinjaTrader 7. You can select the session template in the Data Series menu (right click chart). Make sure it does not exclude the current time.

If 'Session template' is currently set to <Use instrument settings>, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highight the instrument in question and click Edit. You can now view what session template is used.

Subsequently go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager. You can now see what times are used by the session template. You can modify session templates to your liking or create brand new ones in the Session Manager. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

Hello Jason,

did I read right? Zenfire Username AND Password???? At the moment I use a @SIM License, bicause the direct-edition License deactivates the ATM-Features also in Simulation mode. I have a real-account by Mirus. That's why I don't tell my password. OK?

what's ub with the historical data-server? This is powerd by NinjaTrader - as far as I know.

Jens

Comment

We test customer's connections on daily basis and the information is kept in confidence. I will test your connection using the free license key as well, so no live orders can be submitted.

When I test Zen-Fire in version 6.5.1000.19 on my end, I am able to load historical data as expected.

Check the following in the mean time. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Account Connections, highlight your Zen-Fire connection and click Change. Make sure 'Historical data' is enabled.

Comment

Hello Jason,
                    I checked the checkbox 'Historical data'. Everything is ok. I checked the LOG and found following:

"Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.132/31654): Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werde, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte 80.156.86.78:31654"

That means, that the Ninja-data-server don't accept requests from my computer. There are two IPs listed....?????

Jens

Comment

No I have 100.18, you might want to check that IP address. 64.202.118.132

Comment

Originally posted by xenayoo View Post
                        Hello Jason,
                        I checked the checkbox 'Historical data'. Everything is ok. I checked the LOG and found following:

&quot;Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.132/31654): Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werde, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte 80.156.86.78:31654&quot;

That means, that the Ninja-data-server don't accept requests from my computer. There are two IPs listed....?????

Jens
                        What does it say for you under Tools, Options, Data, Data Server, URL? Is it blanked out?

Comment

Originally posted by xenayoo View Post
                          Hello Jason,

&quot;Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.132/31654): Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werde, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte 80.156.86.78:31654&quot;

Jens
                          You can use these 4. 64.202.118.132 64.202.118.144 64.202.118.179 64.202.118.180

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_32 View Post
                            What does it say for you under Tools, Options, Data, Data Server, URL? Is it blanked out?
                            yes, but how could i activate it?

Comment

Hello Jens,

Please see the link below.

URL
                              Sets the URL for the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server (this option may not be visible if your broker does not support this feature)

Port
                              Sets the port for the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server (this option may not be visible if your broker does not support this feature)

Can you please try the following. While NinjaTrader is closed, please go to (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 and delete the Config.xml file. This file holds all created connections so they will be lost.

Start NinjaTrader and recreate your Zen-Fire connection as per the instructions at the following link.

Subsequently, check if you can get connected to the historical data server.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Denver_Wayne  
                              Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view