Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dowtrader,

Take a look at 'PriceVolumeHistogram'

The lack of data going back a year or two, limits the use of this indicator,
    otherwise looks good.

Kumar

Comment

dValueA_MDays

dowtrader, Try this one. Displays maps for what's on screen or groupings of days. It's not completely finished, but as far as I'm going to go till we get to NT 7.

Has about 3 new settings...

ScreenMapType: pick daily, screen or number of days to combine.. (daily dosn't work)
      PreviousSessions: Number of day's back to include when in days mode.
      ShowDaily: if true will show the daily Lines (not maps)

Hope you find it useful.

Dean.
      Attached Files

Comment

Dean,
        Just had a quick look at Dvalue_M, this is very exciting.
        I have been using DvalueArea - by far the most useful indicator for me and I used to rely on other people to provide a usable a composite. This addition makes Ninja very usable for me.
        Really appreciate all your hard work. Thank you.
        Kumar

Comment

DeanV,

Thanks for your speedy response and thanks for your generosity in sharing the modified indicator.

Comment

I am relatively new to Market Profile but has anyone looked into the significance of a Value Area that engulfs the previous day's Value Area i.e. like an outside day. Is this a continuation pattern pattern within Market Profile too?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Dean,

I got a chance to compare dvalue_M to a composite from IRT posted on twitter. Today's rotation down after 11:30 am followed the IRT chart pretty closely.
              IRT composite showed the next LVN at 1138.50 followed by a HVN at 1136.75. These numbers did not match the dvalue_M composite.

Looking at data going back to Jan 5. I use ZenFire and don't know how accurate the data is or how it is presented by NinjaTrader.

The ScreenMap option 2 works as expected, but option 1 (days back) does not change the profile regardless of the number of days selected and after applying, it reverts to 2.
              The ability to view a composite going back 'n' number of days regardless of the chart time base, is very useful - today is a good example, needed to include data from Jan to get a usable profile.
              Enough said and thanks,
              Kumar

Comment

Kumar, I have 2 methods for calculating H and L VA's in the code. I've seen both used by various people. Try changing VACalcType and see if that get's it closer. I don't think any 2 versions of this method will always match, but should almost always be close if using same basic methods. Also, number of Slots setting could effect it some (more so as the total range becomes bigger). Think I increased the max for this one to 1000.

ScreenMap options 1 and 2 work for me (option zero hasn't been added so dosn't work). Try putting a weeks worth of days on screen and setting PreviousDays to 3 or 4 to prove it's working. You should see the maps quit when it hits those days past (if showing left justified, etc.). If the start day past is off screen you should be able to scroll to find it also.

dowtrader, Lots of info out on the net and in a few books on various way's to use this info. Do search's on value area's, market maps, etc. and you'll find a lot.

Dean.

Comment

I have a couple of questions. If I'm interested in volume profile or volume historgram. Which of the following I have to choose? VPOC, VWTPO, VTPO?

I really never heard of any of the three, if some can explain me what the difference is as well to TPO that would be great.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the great work DeanV.

I was exactly looking for this indicator. I have the same question as TheAnalyst13. I wanted to ask you or anybody who is willing to give me some insights.
                    1. what is meant by open hours and open minute? Is the session length expressed in hours and minute in here? or do I put in the time when the ES future starts in my time zone?
                    2. I used for session length 6.75, for ES contract
                    3. if I use dvalue Mdays, do I still need the other indicator or can Mdays do it all?

Thanks everybody.

Comment

VPOC - Usually referes to Volume Point of Control. This program has 3 ways to include volume in it's calcs, and one without...

VOC - Volume at Close. Only maps volume at the close tick per bar.
                      VTPO - Volume Time Price Opertunity. Evenly distributes Volume accross the ticks per bar. (TPO is realy just another phrase for POC in this context).
                      VWTPO - Volume Weighted. Distributes The Volume accross the ticks of a bar on a weighted basis (larger bars get less volume per tick, vs. smaller bars with the same volume.
                      TPO - only price is used.

I use VWTPO the most.

Opening Hr./Min. are just that in your local time zone (9 and 30 for East Timezone). Session Lenght then defines how much later the close will occure (6.75 for ES = 4:15 pm in this example).

MDays does not breakout the maps on a daily bassis like on the origonal program. That's really the only major part that's missing. I'll probably get that going for the MDays option when I post a version 7 of MDays.

Hope this helps.

Dean.
                      Last edited by DeanV; 03-19-2010, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanV View Post
                        VPOC - Usually referes to Volume Point of Control. This program has 3 ways to include volume in it's calcs, and one without...

VOC - Volume at Close. Only maps volume at the close tick per bar.
                        VTPO - Volume Time Price Opertunity. Evenly distributes Volume accross the ticks per bar. (TPO is realy just another phrase for POC in this context).
                        VWTPO - Volume Weighted. Distributes The Volume accross the ticks of a bar on a weighted basis (larger bars get less volume per tick, vs. smaller bars with the same volume.
                        TPO - only price is used.

I use VWTPO the most.

Opening Hr./Min. are just that in your local time zone (9 and 30 for East Timezone). Session Lenght then defines how much later the close will occure (6.75 for ES = 4:15 pm in this example).

MDays does not breakout the maps on a daily bassis like on the origonal program. That's really the only major part that's missing. I'll probably get that going for the MDays option when I post a version 7 of MDays.

Hope this helps.

Dean.

Thanks Dean.

I'm new to this. Which one of them is volume profile then, if any?

Comment

dValueArea7

Posted a mostly straight conversion of dValueArea to NT7 in the share area. Let me know if it dosn't work the same as the 6.5 version.

Analyst13: 3 of the 4 are volume based. Pick the one that works for you.

Dean.

Comment

Posted 7.0.1 update (may have a few of these as the beta changes or find new issues). Added "UseSessTemplate" to get session start/length from chart template.
                            Last edited by DeanV; 03-24-2010, 06:50 AM.

Comment

DeanV,

Thanks for this NT7 contribution; very appreciated!

Paul

Comment

DeanV,
                                Just Imported the NT7 version, works fine.

Really appreciate your porting this before NT7 is officially released.
                                THANK YOU.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Christopher_R  
                                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                                166 responses
                                0 likes