Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTools addon instruments NOT in chart

Hi,

i imported the Ninja Tools addon for Bitfinex correctly, it shows the connection dot and i see all instrument like @btcusd, @ethusd, see attachment.

However, when i try to load the chart with one of these instrument, nothing happens!

Please assist, thanks

Rob
    Attached Files

Hello robje737,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. To test, please reset your instruments, this will ensure that the internal setting for the instruments are up-to-date with server specifications: To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

If you're still unable to get data, I suggest contacting the vendor directly to report the issue. We do not have any additional resources to service third party Bitfinex issues.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eric,

the update of the instrument list as you'e described and the subsequent restart were unsuccessful.

Still no @BTCUSD data in my chart...

Rob

Comment

extra info;
        when i try to use this instrument in the strategy analyzer, this fault message appears in the log;

unable to load bar series. Your ninjascript may be trying to use an additional data series dynamically in a unsupported manner..

Rob

Comment

Hello robje737.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, Ninja Tools isn't a supported vendor, and Bitfinex is not a supported exchange in NinjaTrader and you would need to contact the 3rd party developer of this add on for more assistance.

With that being said, NinjaTrader supports a connection to BitMEX for crytocurrency futures:

NinjaTrader supports multiple market data providers delivering access to futures, forex and stock data along with free EOD data through Kinetick.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, don't hesitate to ask.
          Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Marco,

ok.
            I will contact Ninja Tools.

Thanks sofar.

Rob

Comment

Hi,

ok I am new to ninjatrader 8...

I created FXCM account through ninjatrder...

All forex pairs charts are easily accessable...

But when i try to load any BTCUSD chart it's not loading any bars....

I have re-set the instruments, but still no success..

Any idea how can be fixed?

Regards,

Comment

FXCM does not provide data for the forex or cryptocurrency instrument BTCUSD.

The cryptocurrency pairs can be accessed by creating a GDAX connection:
                • Connections > Configure
                • Select 'GDAX' from the 'Available' list > add > OK

On a side note, ninjatools.studio is not a NinjaTrader Vendor and they are in violation of our terms of service. As a result, any and all items related to the website you mention are not supported.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post quantismo