Active Alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Active Alarms

Anywhere in NT8 where we can view all the alarms we have set? The alarm log shows what has been triggered but not what has been set in each chart.

Thanks.

Hello Segwin,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist, there is not a window a tool to view all configured alerts. As a note, each chart's Alerts can be viewed from the right-click > Alerts window.

I will, however, forward a note to our development team so interest in one Alert location is tracked for future feature consideration.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Speaking of Alerts, I would like to set up a typical Alert to be used based on a proposed trading strategy. Essentially the strategy looks for entries based on certain indicators for example the SMA50 is above/below the SMA200 + the Linear Regression is above/below the Linear Regression Intercept + etc. Ideally I would like for this Alert to trigger only if ALL of these conditions exist. Sometimes I don't want to actually trade, I just want an alert to a condition. Should I be looking at Strategies instead of Alerts? Thanks

Dolfan

Also, the videos on these links are not functional.

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. To confirm, are you currently using NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8 for the potential alert or strategy?

Regarding the help guide videos, can you please let me know what internet browser you are using?

We look forward to assisting further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would like to be using Ninja8 but I have not been able to convert my own indicator from Ninja7 to Ninja8. Hence I am currently pursuing a solution in Ninja7 because one of my signals is generated in my own indicator.

I am using Google Chrome for my browser. Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Dolfan

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

Thanks for your reply.

The alerts system in NinjaTrader 7 is not robust enough to set up the conditions that you would like.

Alerts set in the market analyzer can only trigger off of user defined values, not indicator values.

For example, we would not be able to set up the condition checking if the 50 Period SMA crossed above the 200 period SMA. What we would have to do in NT7 is calculate the value of the 200 period SMA manually, and put this in the Value field when setting up the alert condition.

This is just a limitation of the alerts system in NinjaTrader 7.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
            Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is this also a limitation with Ninja8?

I've added an Alert to the strategy itself so I will get some kind of notification.

Dolfan

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

The alerts system is more robust in NT8, so you would be able to create conditions based on indicator values that trigger off of other indicator values without having to do any custom programming.

Comment

Can you please point me to a tutorial video that explains this for Ninja8? As I stated earlier, the videos for Ninja7 do not work. Thanks!

Dolfan

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

Thanks for your reply.

The videos in NT7 will run off of Adobe Flash, Chrome blocks the videos playing by default.

There is a icon that looks like a shield that appears all the way to the right in the address bar, you have to click on this and opt to the scripts Chrome is tagging as "unsafe".

NT8 Help Guide videos are YouTube videos, so you shouldn't have the same issue when using Chrome.

This section of our help guide contains an example of creating a crossover condition using indicator inputs:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...sOverCondition

In the alerts examples section, there is a video you can watch that may be helpful to you:
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tsexamples.htm

Here is another video that covers alerts that is available on our YouTube Channel:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO05...wcvUJSTB5vDBcC

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post usazencort  
                    Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                    5 responses